Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Family Tree Maker 2011 - Pre-Sale Free Shipping

Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting on your family tree, Family Tree Maker 2011 can help you create a family tree faster, easier, and better than ever before. The end result is a family history that you and your family
will treasure for years to come. 

What’s New?

Family Tree Maker 2011 introduces more than 100 enhancements including:

• Smart Stories™— Just drag and drop facts from your tree to the new Smart Stories page. Each time you edit your tree, stories update automatically.
  • New and improved charts—Enhance your charts with new backgrounds, borders, and embellishments. Create four new designs, including a 360 degree fan chart.
  • Refined reports—Save and reuse report settings and use 5 new report styles.
  • Media management tools—Locate missing media items with the click of the mouse.
  • More Ancestry integration—Find out which Ancestry members are searching for your ancestors in the expanded Web Dashboard.
  • Better performance—Upload and download trees from the Internet with increased speed.
  • Numbering—Automatically number every person in your tree for quick reference.
  • Timelines—View more events that occurred during your ancestors’ lives. Even edit, delete or add your own historical events.

And don’t forget the features you’ve come to rely on:

• Dynamic user interface that lets you quickly switch between important features.
  • The ability to import data from other genealogy programs, including Personal Ancestral File, The Master Genealogist, and Legacy Family Tree.
  • Powerful sourcing tools that let you document AND rate each of your citations.
  • Interactive maps and lists that give you a bird’s-eye view of where members of your family come from.
  • Photo AND file management features so you can easily incorporate all types of media files into your charts and reports.
  • Timelines that highlight personal, family, and world events.
  • Easy-to-use tools for merging duplicate individuals, calculating dates, creating to-do lists, and more.

Use Ancestry.com and Family Tree Maker together to get the most out of both.

• Search the extensive record collections at Ancestry.com without ever leaving your family tree! And, when you find new records, you can quickly merge them into your tree.
  • Take advantage of Ancestry Hints—Family Tree Maker automatically suggests records that may match people in your tree.
  • Import your Ancestry.com family tree, along with attached photos.
  • Upload your tree to Ancestry.com and connect with millions of other family historians across the world.

Retail:
USD 39.95

SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS

Minimum system requirements:
Operating system: Windows 7 / Windows XP / Vista
Processor: 500 MHz Intel Pentium II (or equivalent)
Hard disk space: 500 MB for installation
Memory: 512 MB of RAM
2X CD-ROM (required for installation)
Display: 800 x 600 resolution for monitor

Recommended system requirements:
Operating system: Windows 7 / Windows XP SP2/Vista
Processor: 1GHz Intel Pentium III (or equivalent)
Hard disk space: 500 MB for installation
Memory: 1 GB of RAM
Display: 1024 x 768 resolution for monitor
32X CD/CD-R (required for installation)
All online features require Internet access

Copyright © 2010 by H R Worthington

Views: 685

Replies to This Discussion

Has anyone in the UK received their pre-ordered copy of FTM 2011 yet? The Ancestry shipping FAQs say to expect international delivery 8 to 10 working days after despatch. Today is day 8 for me. I really hope the program arrives before the webinar on 15 September.
Caroline,

I haven't seen anyone. I have seen the same question on the Ancestry.com Family Tree Maker message board.

Russ
Hi, If I opened my FTM 2010, would there be a mention of "Upgrade Available"? Or do I need to purchase the whole new 2011 Version, even though I've only used the 2010 version for less than a year?
Ellen,

No, Version 2011 is a new version of the program. If you had registered Version 2010, you should have received an Email a month ago about Version 2011.

Russ
Thanks, Russ. I did receive the email, just wasn't sure I wanted to purchase the new one yet. I am signed up for the webinar on Wednesday. We'll see! :-)
Ellen,

Is there something specific you are looking for in 2011, based on the information at the beginning of this discussion?

Russ
Not really, no, Russ. Just want to see what's new and exciting. I am not really good at the computer or with programs, but I do like to know what is new. :-)
Ellen,

I have started to post some new 2011 blog entries at

http://ftmuser.blogspot.com

I asked if there was a specific area, based on the list of features above, and I would post that on my Blog if it isn't already there.

Russ

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service