Welcome to GenealogyWise, a Genealogy Web property that combines
community interaction with tools and resources for people who are
interested in researching and sharing their family history with
others. At GenealogyWise, we want you to have many great
experiences on this site as you make connections with others, share
genealogy research, ask questions, provide advice, and so
Community guidelines have been created based on feedback from
GenealogyWise members. Please follow these guidelines to ensure
that you and others will have a positive community experience. We
reserve the right to modify these guidelines from time to time.
At GenealogyWise we do not pre-screen members or content before it
is posted. If you find a violation to any of these policies, please
click on the “Report an Issue” link at the bottom of every page.
Failure to abide by these standards may result in termination of
- Do not post any content that is illegal, infringing, hateful,
racist, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, vulgar or
otherwise violates any law or right of any third party.
- The definition of pornographic for the purpose of these
guidelines is sexually explicit pictures or writing.
- Do not submit comments that abuse, harass, threaten,
impersonate, or intimidate.
- Do not post content on the site about yourself or others that
you do not want made public. If you are posting content about
others, please make sure you have their permission to do so. If you
are an international user, you agree to comply with all local laws
regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- Do not create “Spamlike” content such as unwanted email,
advertisements, or comments linking to affiliate programs,
multi-level marketing schemes, or other means of advertising or
methods of Spam.
- Do not submit content that is not applicable to the thread
where you are posting.
Selling of Content
- Content that is copyright material (such as articles, news
reports) should not be posted unless you have permission from the
copyright owners. Copyright varies depending on the country.
- Look-ups from a public reference book or an out-of-copyright
piece of content (public domain content) are acceptable. Asking
someone to perform a look up for you from a paid subscription
website (non-publically accessible content) is not acceptable and
should not be posted.
- Do not advertise or sell any product or service not related to
genealogy, history or archival products.
- The selling of genealogy-related products and services is
restricted to individual member’s pages and their service’s group
page. As examples, a genealogy software company could create a
group related to its product and a professional genealogy
researcher can create a group related to his or her search
services. However, the descriptions of these groups need to clearly
identify that this group promotes a particular product or