Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

I get an error message when trying to sync the two trees. The message reads: "The last sync failed. An error occurred while "Analyzing changes from Family Tree Maker." You may want to restart FTM and try again later." Restarting FTM and/or shutting down computer don't solve the issue.

My only activity in FTM was to change the case of the surnames of cousins and ancestors by marriage (leaving only direct line in CAPS). I did the change both individually and by using the Find and Replace function when there were a number of surnames.

My Question: is there a way to determine where the error is? The syncing stops at the same spot every time.

Views: 5295

Replies to This Discussion

Did you compact and back up your file?

Russ

Yes to compacting. I'm not bothering to back up since I'll likely be creating new trees from my AMTs once the sync issue is resolved

Cecily,

I have seen a couple of sync problems based on characters in the tree name and filename, so it was a guess.

Please let us know when you hear back from the folks at Ancestry.

Russ

Not a peep from the folks at Ancestry yet. I've just emailed them asking for a status.

Cecily,

That's about all you can do. It was the weekend, but they should get back to you.

Russ

Thought you'd like to know. I finally heard back from Ancestry. No new information other than download patch. I checked my version of FTM2014 and had the latest. However, I manually downloaded the patch again (as administrator), unlinked and relinked my FTM tree to AMT.

So far no sync issues but that was the experience I had before. It worked for a while, then bombed. We'll see...

Cecily

Cecily,

That's good news.

Thanks for the update.

Russ

AAARRRGGGG! Sync issue has reared its ugly head again. Everything worked fine last night (added a few citations, individuals, and deleted an individual). Today I was revising my sources by using the template feature. After 4 revisions, I tried syncing and there was the nasty notice again.

I sent a print screen and Error Report to Ancestry and requested that an EXPERIENCED tech support person call me.

I'm about ready to give up on FTM2014!

Cecily

Cecily,

Did you download and install the Patch?

Russ

OK, now it is getting ridiculous. Based on your reply I started FTM2014 to see if there's a new patch. Here's what I got when I tried to install it. "Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match."

What does that mean?

Cecily

Cecily,

Please click on Help, About. What is the product Version number?

Russ

No Reply after your last comment.

Version is 22.0.01239

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service