Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Family Tree Maker 2011 - Pre-Sale Free Shipping

Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting on your family tree, Family Tree Maker 2011 can help you create a family tree faster, easier, and better than ever before. The end result is a family history that you and your family
will treasure for years to come. 

What’s New?

Family Tree Maker 2011 introduces more than 100 enhancements including:

• Smart Stories™— Just drag and drop facts from your tree to the new Smart Stories page. Each time you edit your tree, stories update automatically.
  • New and improved charts—Enhance your charts with new backgrounds, borders, and embellishments. Create four new designs, including a 360 degree fan chart.
  • Refined reports—Save and reuse report settings and use 5 new report styles.
  • Media management tools—Locate missing media items with the click of the mouse.
  • More Ancestry integration—Find out which Ancestry members are searching for your ancestors in the expanded Web Dashboard.
  • Better performance—Upload and download trees from the Internet with increased speed.
  • Numbering—Automatically number every person in your tree for quick reference.
  • Timelines—View more events that occurred during your ancestors’ lives. Even edit, delete or add your own historical events.

And don’t forget the features you’ve come to rely on:

• Dynamic user interface that lets you quickly switch between important features.
  • The ability to import data from other genealogy programs, including Personal Ancestral File, The Master Genealogist, and Legacy Family Tree.
  • Powerful sourcing tools that let you document AND rate each of your citations.
  • Interactive maps and lists that give you a bird’s-eye view of where members of your family come from.
  • Photo AND file management features so you can easily incorporate all types of media files into your charts and reports.
  • Timelines that highlight personal, family, and world events.
  • Easy-to-use tools for merging duplicate individuals, calculating dates, creating to-do lists, and more.

Use Ancestry.com and Family Tree Maker together to get the most out of both.

• Search the extensive record collections at Ancestry.com without ever leaving your family tree! And, when you find new records, you can quickly merge them into your tree.
  • Take advantage of Ancestry Hints—Family Tree Maker automatically suggests records that may match people in your tree.
  • Import your Ancestry.com family tree, along with attached photos.
  • Upload your tree to Ancestry.com and connect with millions of other family historians across the world.

Retail:
USD 39.95

SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS

Minimum system requirements:
Operating system: Windows 7 / Windows XP / Vista
Processor: 500 MHz Intel Pentium II (or equivalent)
Hard disk space: 500 MB for installation
Memory: 512 MB of RAM
2X CD-ROM (required for installation)
Display: 800 x 600 resolution for monitor

Recommended system requirements:
Operating system: Windows 7 / Windows XP SP2/Vista
Processor: 1GHz Intel Pentium III (or equivalent)
Hard disk space: 500 MB for installation
Memory: 1 GB of RAM
Display: 1024 x 768 resolution for monitor
32X CD/CD-R (required for installation)
All online features require Internet access

Copyright © 2010 by H R Worthington

Views: 685

Replies to This Discussion

Ancestry.com basically "blew me off". They told me to update my email preferences.
I emailed them back. that I get other emails from them.
I'm happy with FTM 2010, so I will stick with it.

Rhoda
Rhoda,

Sorry to hear that.

I'll be posting some Version 2011 information on my Blog when 2011 is available.

http://ftmuser.blogspot.com.

Russ
Russ,

I ended up ordering FTM 2011 a couple days ago, for upgrade price of $27.00.
Hope I won't be disappointed!

Rhoda
Russ,

Do you think it would be possible for FTM 2011 to have the capability of boosting font sizes in the program for visually impaired readers to continue their genealogical work without straining their eyes?

My Mac program currently has such tiny font size that I find it difficult to read the print at times.

Sincerely yours,
Donna Gates-Smeall
Donna,

Previous versions do that that feature on the Tools, Options settings.

Russ
Got it, installed it and then stood and watched (2 hours so far) as it was unable to import an ancestry.com tree. It warned that it could take hours to download but it has never taken hours before. Hours to import the Ancestry.com tree is not even close to acceptable. Any idea what is going on. My excitement at receiving the new disc in the mail has been pretty well quashed.
William,

Did you Register Version 2011? (Help menu)

Did you see any error messages?

How large is YOUR Member Family Tree?

Russ
Hi Russ,
I finally got it working by reinstalling the program. Don't know what the original problem was but after reinstall I was able to import from Ancestry.com rather quickly. I had a script error both times when I executed the download command. I closed it and It didn't seem to cause any problems after the reinstall. I think it must have been something at the Ancestry.com site when the download process hooked up.
William,

Great. Thanks for letting us know.

Good luck,

Russ
Received my FTM 2011 and can't get past the script error saying "An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line 1, Char 30, Error: YAHOO is undefined, Code 0." *sigh* This is when I'm trying to download my tree from Ancestry.

Anyone else having problems?
Tracy,

What is your Default Browser?

Do you have Version 2010 installed?

Russ
Firefox 3.6.8 and IE 8. 2011 is the first version I've had of Family Tree Maker.

I already found the examples of going in and deleting the files under C:/users/name/appdata/local/Ancestry.com and under C:/users/name/appdata/local/IsolatedStorage/ so I did that and reinstalled yet again and still received the script error BUT if I clicked "ignore" it let me through and haven't had problems since. =)

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service