Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

All Discussions Tagged 'genealogy' (30)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

An Invitation for Descendants of Plantation Owners and Descendants of Slaves to Collaborate to Rediscover Lowcountry African American Heritage

Genealogical Research in the Lowcountry - Descendants of Plantation Owners and Descendants of Slaves Collaborate to Rediscover Lowcountry A…

Started by Lowcountry Africana

54 Sep 19, 2017
Reply by Mary L Aune

Rev J Billington St Mary’s Hidden Gem , Manchester 1837 - 1844

I visited yesterday The Church of  St. Mary, Mulberry Street (The Hidden Gem), in Manchester to see where my ancestor Jane Billington was b…

Started by Dan Billington, Ancestry Central

1 Apr 12, 2014
Reply by Marcia Williams

Clewell Descendant Publishes Autobiography

Evelyn Marie (Arndt) Skinner, daughter of David William Arndt and Edith CLEWELL, at age 95 has published her autobiography. "Nana, Tell Us…

Started by Ric Skinner, GISP

0 Jan 3, 2013

Mobile Scanner

I just saw an ad for the Flip Pal Mobile Scanner. I didn't know they even had mobile scanners. I must have one, but after searching around…

Started by Jennifer Eklund, PLCGS

2 Nov 11, 2012
Reply by Lisa T

New genealogy book

Hi everybody! Here's my shameless promotion for my new book, Going over Home. It's a historical fantasy novel with a big genealogy theme, a…

Started by Katie Andrews Potter

0 May 1, 2012

Splitting Trees

I have a large tree on Ancestry.com which I would like to split and have some branches separate from others in new indivdual trees. Ancestr…

Started by Sarah Coles

17 Mar 31, 2012
Reply by B Blote

Emily Hunter (Nee Billington)

Emily Hunter (Nee Billington) My Great Grandfather Walter Billington’s only sister and sibling to survive to adulthood. Born Manchester ( P…

3 May 26, 2011
Reply by Dan Billington, Ancestry Central

The Spanish Civil war

A possible relative of mine disappeared to Spain in the early 20th Century. His or her name was B Franklin and what happened to him or her…

0 Apr 11, 2011

Your Favorite Free (or Low-Cost) Genealogy Resources

Tell about your favorite free or low-cost genealogy resources, online and off. Explain why it's a favorite and how it's been helpful in you…

Started by Miriam Robbins Midkiff

247 Jan 28, 2011
Reply by William Douglas

Genealogy Software

Okay, so I must admit that I do not use any genealogy software right now. I once had Family Tree Maker around 2004 but when my computer cra…

Started by Jennifer Eklund, PLCGS

50 Nov 3, 2010
Reply by Clive Armstrong

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service