MILDENHALL - Henry Mildenhall Berkshire 1823
I remain open-minded about two inconclusive theories regarding Henry Mildenhall’s Berkshire ancestry.
1. Born 1823 in the Registration District of Newbury - to Henry Mildenhall and Elizabeth unknown.
2. Born 1822 in Lambourn, a sub-division of the Registration District of Hungerford - to Sarah Mindenhall.
The Hungerford Parish Records have been transcribed but as at 18 Jan 2010 most of the larger Newbury Parish Records have not been transcribed. Newbury was a large market town, within the Registration District of Newbury, and there were lots of baptisms there but they are not on the IGI. The census records indicate Henry Mildenhall was an uncommon name c1822.
1. Henry’s death certificate lists his parents as Henry Mildenhall and Elizabeth unknown.
The birth certificate's of John Mildenhall, George Mildenhall and Thomas Faithful Mildenhall list Henry’s birthplace at Newbury – Certificate Informant Henry Mildenhall, father.
2. James Mildenhall's death certificate lists his parents as Henry Palmer Mildenhall and Sarah Amelia Faithfull - Certificate informant J H Mildenhall. The IGI lists the birth for a Henry Palmer Mindenhall, born to Sarah Mindenhall, in 1822, at Lambourn.
1. Are the additional names, Amelia and Palmer, listed on James Mildenhall’s death certificate, related to confusion surrounding Henry Palmer and Amelia via the Mackiesons in Buchan; or the Lambourn birth?
2. Which of the death certificates is correct - Henry Mildenhall’s death certificate or James’s Mildenhall’s death certificate?
The UK General Register Office lists the death of a Henry Mildenhall in 1841; he died in Lambourn aged 19 years. Born 1822.
Reference GRO certificate DYC505631. Vol.6. Page 135.
This group does not have any discussions yet.