Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

I work primarily in Mississippi - Oktibbeha, Lowndes, Webster, Winston, Clarke, and Lauderdale counties.

Most of my requests are in Philadelphia, PA or Louisiana.

Views: 323

Replies to This Discussion

Here in Benton, AR there is cemetery right next to the hospital!!!

George Geder said:
LOL!

fizzbomb said:
Wherever I happen to be!! While my husband was hospitalized 250 miles from home, I'd take breaks from the hospital by going to a cemetery less than a mile away (wasn't it considerate of them to have a cemetery so close to the hospital?) and take photos.
ILLINOIS - mostly KANKAKEE COUNTY
Bradley: Bourbonnais; Manteno & surrounding unincorporated areas; Kankakee (northern end mostly)
Occasionally towns in counties to the south of Kankakee, such as Chatsworth, Clifton, etc.

Also: WILL COUNTY (mostly: Beecher, Grant Park, Peotone, Wilmington, Resthaven, Ritchie, Andres areas)
Occasionally: COOK COUNTY (mostly: Worth, Alsip, Crestwood areas)

INDIANA: (Northwest IN- mostly LAKE COUNTY) Can do some parts of St. John, Schererville, Highland, Dyer, etc

My requests (which have been rare) are in Escanaba, MI Madison, WI, Marinette, WI, Canada ....or hopefully I'll find someone overseas for areas such as Sweden, Norway, Denmark. Dreams do come true :)
Ethel, I think that's awesome! And it is something I would totally do!!!
If I fulfill a request for one person, I always take as many additional pictures as time permits of me. I do hope your husband is doing better!

Ethel Marie Silcock said:
Here in Benton, AR there is cemetery right next to the hospital!!!

George Geder said:
LOL!

fizzbomb said:
Wherever I happen to be!! While my husband was hospitalized 250 miles from home, I'd take breaks from the hospital by going to a cemetery less than a mile away (wasn't it considerate of them to have a cemetery so close to the hospital?) and take photos.
Here Inglewood, California there is a cemetery and hospital across the street from each
another. I take photos at Inglewood and holy cross cemeteries

Mary Alequin
I live in Canon City, Fremont County, Colorado and photograph graves for Find A Grave. I'll take photos at any of the cemeteries in the County.
Mostly in McNairy County, Tennessee and anywhere I happen to see a marker or grave site that interests me.
I take my kids to the cemeteries (after I've bribed them with ice cream) in Tuscarawas County, Ohio. I've also been to Stark, Harrison, Portage, Guernsey, Belmont, & Washington counties in Ohio.

Someday I'll get to Carter County, Tennessee for my hubby's TOLLEY & HILTON lines.
I have three boys and they LOVE to go with me. I will give them the surname and they will run around the cemetery and yell"Mom I found one!"
I live in L. A. County in Southern CA., only about a mile from Rose Hills Memorial Park ( a very large cemetery). Most photo requests are for there. Other times, in this area, I have gone to cemeteries in Long Beach, La Mirada, Brea, and Fullerton. The last few are in Orange County. Yes, I do live near the border between L.A. Co. and Orange Co. Although, recently, Rose Hills has had up to 50 requests. There used to be at least 5 Find A Grave photographers for Rose Hills, but they seem to have disappeared. In the little photo shown at left that I use for these websites, I am standing between one of my great-grand mothers and grt-grandfathers in Little Elm Cemetery in Denton Co., TX.
My mother's Aunt Kate is buried in Rose Hills Cemetery. She is Missouri Catherine (Pendergraft) Farmer and is buried in Acacialawn, S4 L3953 G2. If possible can you take a photo of her grave the next time you are in Rose Hills Cemetery to take photos for Find-a-Grave members? Other persons named Farmer and buried close to her are likely family.
I am going tomorrow (Friday, 31 July). Will get your photo.
Your photo of your "Aunt Kate" are in her Find A Grave Memorial.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service