Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Hi there,

I've got a question for the group. My grandfather, Will Bobbitt, is buried in a cemetery in east Texas.

Doesn't this cemetery have to have some sort of death record from the state of Texas or from whatever state in which the death occurred in order to bury a person in that cemetery? The state of

Texas has no death record for my grandfather. Are there cemetery records filed with states? Any

help would be appreciated.

steve bobbitt

Views: 221

Replies to This Discussion

IS THIS CEMETERY OWNED BY THE CITY OF THAT TOWN? OR IS IT A COUNTY CEMETERY- SOMEWHERE THERE SHOULD BE RECORDS OF WHO IS BURIED AND WHERE IN THE CEMETERY.
what was year of birth and death??
Lots of people die in one state and are shipped back to a home state to be buried with family members. Even back in 1917, my ggm died in NM and her son sent her back to Texas to be buried near her husband, parents, and several of her brothers and their families.
In Jefferson Texas the funeral home has records and the recorded ones are filed with the county.
I checked with several funeral homes both in Jefferson and Linden....they had no records for my grandfather. His sister is buried inthe same cemetary outside of Linden, and I checked with the funeral home that handled her burial...she died 14 years after he did.....and they could find no records on my grandfather. Thank you for your suggestion-I;ll just continue calling around and searching.
Hi Steve
One would think they would but we are finding the same thing out here in CA so it is obviously not unusual. We know the State, county, dates and all of it and have gone to every county office in the immediate vicinity and still we found nothing. Onward I say! Good luck to you and to us! Cristy
You probably have this information, but if not:
Bobbitt, William Jr 1
b: 29 Jan 1881 Dyer, Gibson Co., TN d: 1972 Houston, TX sp:James "Banks" Letane Noel ... Bobbitt b: Oct 1880 TX Cass Co., TX Draft Registration 10-William White (Willie) ... b: 02 N0v 1881 Marion or Cass Co., TX d: 03 Nov 1947 Mill Creek Cem, .... 12-Mary Margaret Bobbitt b: 4 Oct 1922 Dyer d: 19 Nov 1965 Jackson, ...
www.bobbittville.com/Bobbitt-WilliamJr.htm
( http://www.bobbittville.com/Bobbitt-WilliamJr.htm )
Thanks, Frank

I did have this information. My wife and I were recently in Cass County and visited Mill Creek Cemetery.
William White Bobbitt is buried there near his sister(Lola Bobbitt Bennett) and her husband. My frustration is in not being able to find where his death occurred.....whether in Cass County, a neighboring county or in the nearby states of Louisiana or Arkansas. Texas has no record of his death. I'll have to go to the county seats in bordering counties and investigate some more. There should be a death certificate somewhere on record..
Attachments:

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service