Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

I am a descendant of George Bannerman (abt. 1789 to Feb. 1859) and Christina Sutherland (abt. 1789 to Dec 1875) both from Kildonan, Scotland and both buried in the Auld Kirk Cemetary, West Gwillumbury, Ontario.  They are my gr. gr. gr.grandparents through their son Hugh Bannerman (1820-1907).  I am looking for other descendants of the Bannermans of Kildonan, who left or were cleared 1790's to 1820's.  My grandparents moved west and lost contact with the Bannermans in the 1940's.

Views: 166

Replies to This Discussion

Have you tried looking in Governor Simcoe Slept Here, the two volume local history for the Bradford area? You might find some information about descendants there. I'd recommend ordering it through your library rather than purchasing, at least until you know how useful it will be. The postage alone is a killer! If you are near or ever in Bradford, you might consider calling the church there, as they have records dating back to the founding of the Presbyterian Kirk in Bradford. The Lord Selkirk Association of Rupert's Land (TLSARL, www.lordselkirk.ca) also has information on this family, so you might consider them as another source. They only provide information to members, however. The annual membership is just $10, and their genealogical fees are also more than reasonable.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service