Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

I guess my efforts have not been successful so far in trying to sync another computer using Family Tree Maker 2012.  I have a desktop computer synced through FTM2012 to an Ancestry file.  I recently acquired a laptop and wanted to use FTM2012 (installed on that computer as well) to sync with the same file also.  I have come to the conclusion that this cannot be done. 

The backdoor approach would be just to download the Ancestry file into FTM2012 onto my laptop, sign on to Ancestry and work on my tree.  As I cannot sync that tree because my desktop is already set up to sync with that tree, it means I would have to use that computer to sync the new information and then return to my laptop and download the updated tree again. 

I really can't find any further information on this particular subject.  Anyone know if it might be possible or not to sync this one tree with both computers?  I know you can't sync two trees together but this is a different issue.

Thanks.

Views: 4715

Replies to This Discussion

Nancy,

You are going to have to Unlink your Netbook from the AMT, then download and Link to your Laptop. That should then let you control the Sync from your Laptop.

I must not be making myself clear on the Ancestry AP. Each of your AMT's, that you have on Ancestry, should / are available on your iPad.. It links to what ever AMT's you want. You should see the exact same thing in your AMT, using your Browser on any PC, as you do in the Ancestry AP.

If you think about PC to AMT, then you can extend that to Ancestry AP to AMT.

Again, you SHOULD see the duplicates in any of the FTM2012 files. Are you sure you are looking at one of the FTM2012 AMT trees?

Russ

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service