Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Does the index really only include the reports and charts, not the narrative of a book?

Views: 34

Replies to This Discussion

Anna,

Please be a little more specific. There are a number of "indexes" in Family Tree Maker.

There is the People Workspace, Family view that has the Index (F2) in the LH Panel. You can include an Index in a Book that you create.

In the F2 Index, it is the names, but you can have other items included in that Index.

The Index in a Book includes the Names of the people included in the Reports or Charts that are included in the Book. Names that might be in an individuals notes will not be included in this Index.

If this doesn't help, please be a little more specific.

Thank you,

Russ
Thank you, it does answer my question, but it is not the answer I want. I meant the index to a book, and wanted it to include names from notes and narrative as well as charts and reports. You say that it does not, so I am working on alternatives.
Thanks again,
Anna
Anna,

Family Tree Maker has NOT picked up names in Notes for a Book Index. There is not way to Mark notes text to be a Name.

The feature that you want is NOT currently available in Version 2009. I can only suggest that you make your Detailed Requirements known on this website:

http://ftm.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ftm.cfg/php/enduser/ask_feedback.php

The development team has reported that they DO read these requests.

Russ

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service