Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Hi,
Have been struggling with this for 2 days solid and I cant seem to get the program to do what I want.
1) Create a pedigree chart for an individual, add occupation to 'facts included' - so far so good.
2. Include thumbnail or photo for the individuals that have them - again seems to work
BUT what about sizes - picture size seems be in cms. Default is 1.91
If I increase the photo size (even to 2.0) some of the fact text disappears from the boxes with photos. e.g. Occupation Agric.....
Text wrapping doesn't seem to happen and I cant find an option for it anywhere.
I tried increasing the box size (no units specified - presume this is also cms??) via the 'line format' icon and as the 'box' gets bigger the picture gets smaller on the page but the text is still not there. I've tried various overlap options and these move the 'boxes' around the page but make no difference to the amount of text visible.
There seems to be plenty of space actually available on my page but I cant seem to get the program to utilise it.
Any help gratefully received.
pem
I'm using 4 generations and book layout.

Views: 71

Replies to This Discussion

Pauline,

#2 - My default photo size is .75 inches. Wonder what the 1.91 is?

I tried to duplicate what you described. The Text Wrapping worked. I did include ALL Occupation FACTs and added all if the optional fact information and did not have a check mark in the preferred only box.

I changed the Thumbnail from .75 inches to 1.25 inches and the text reformatted.

I was using the 4 Generation Book Layout as you described.

Please click on Help, About, and post the Product Version number.

Thank you,

Russ
Hi Russ - thanks for the quick response.
Version No. is 19.0.0.206

(Now you mention it - I think 1.91 is the cm equivalent of 0.75 inches!!)

Thanks,
Pauline
Pauline,

Are you comfortable with cm vs inches?

You have the most current version. Wonder why you are not seeing the "word wrap" and I appears that I am?

I didn't change any settings, like font size. What is your font size setting ?

Russ
Russ,

I'm ok with either cms or ins (just need to remember which I'm in) but following your comments here and to others I was going to try changing Windows (XP) to Imperial measures and changing print to letter size instead of A4 in case that makes a difference.

The only font I changed was Names - increased to 9 bold from 8 bold - but Names seemed to wrap ok.

Pauline
Pauline,

Please keep us updated. I am trying to duplicate this problem for you. But all of my Text Wraps worked as expected.

Thank you,

Russ
OK so now I've started again with a new person. The paper size is now letter (8.5 x11) and units are inches so the photo default is 0.75 inches wide.
I create the pedigree chart and all looks OK (default template) there are 4 generations and squished spacing. Names font still at 8 bold.
As soon as I add the photo thumbnails some of the facts disappear from the folks that have pics.
Then I click on the 'generate chart' button and lo and behold the facts reappear but only with the first few words/letters trailing off into ......
Sure I must be missing something somewhere!!
Can you duplicate this??

Paulinbe
Pauline,

I switched files, to work with a test file that I have and AM able to duplicate this issue. I would suggest that you use this link:

http://ftm.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ftm.cfg/php/enduser/ask_feedback.php

And provide some detailed feedback to Family Tree Maker 2010 on this issue..

You will probably not receive feedback from them, but the developers do read the feedback.

Good luck,

Russ
Tried unchecking the 'preferred facts only' box for birth - the additional lines appear but again with..... instead of text wrap.
Tried unchecking the 'all boxes same size' box and it made no difference.
Set Pictures: back to none and hit 'Generate Chart' - some (but not all) of the text reappears wrapped as expected but far right column (problem wasnt just the folks with pictures) still has text.......

Will contact developers as you suggest - thanks for letting me know that it's not just me!!
Cheers,
Pauline
Pauline,

I tried most of that as well. I had added the Burial FACT, which has a location and cemetery name. I had to reduce the number of generations down to 2 for the complete text.

Good luck,

Russ

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service