Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Hi There
I use FTM2005 and have recently started a blog using Blogger about my family tree. Do you happen to know if there is a way to put parts of my family tree direct from FTM onto Blogger. Its taking an age doing it person by person.

Thank you for taking the time to read this

Tracey :-)

Views: 35

Replies to This Discussion

Tracey,

Interesting Question. The only thing that I have done was to upload pictures, then copy / paste from the notes section of that Individual in that blog entry. The best, so far is here:

http://headstonecollection.blogspot.com/2009/02/tombstone-tueday-jo...

I also have a surname Blog, but haven't gotten to the point that your question asks.

What I might suggest that you try, is generate a Genealogy Report, Export it to an RTF file, ans see if Blogger will take a Copy (from your word processor) and Paste (CTRL+V) into Blogger.

Russ
Tracey,

I had another thought, which I have done, is to post a question dealing With any 'missing information' or brick wall information. See if you get any comments on that entry.

In fact, I have had three or four connections on cousins I didn't know about before.

The up side to the slow process, person by person, is that you can Schedule WHEN the posts will be made. For example, I will work on a Family Group, then post information on that group, but schedule them over a period of time. I make a note as to when Blogger will schedule the posting of each of the articles. Depending on what your schedule is, it might be over a couple of hours or Days. On Tuesdays, I post on one Blog a message every hour starting at mid-night. But, I will have set them up days in advance.

I have foiund that google picks up on that, so that if someone does a google search and the keyword being searched is in your Post, Google will pick it up.

Only a couple of thoughts.

Russ

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service