Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Could David be his son? I descebd William's daughter, Christiana Mackenzie who wed Loyalist Capt Philip Yonge, H.M. Surveyor-General of Georgia. William's brother was George, Third Earl Cromartie, of Cromarty, Scotland, attainted in the Jacobite Rebellion. George's daughtr wed Aurtur Middleton, Signer, of Middleton Plantation, Georgia.
Jim Miller~Southport, N.C.

Views: 122

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know all that much about Daniel McKENZIE. Most sources say he was born in SC but I don't know who his parents were. His son William McKENZIE was supposedly b. 1782 in SC and married Sarah PIGGOT. They show on the 1850 Sumter SC Census. They could have later moved to Sunbury--I don't know your William's history. Where was he in 1850?

Attainted? Are you English? IMHO those who fought for their freedom with Bonnie Prince Charlie were just as much Patriots as those who fought with George Washington.

Teresa McVeigh, whose lineage is mostly Scottish and Irish
Note that one of my 1960 fellow Fishburne Military School cadets, McVeigh, has just passed. All I remember he was a big guy. I'm Scot, Irish, Welsh, French, German. Prussian, Swiss, Canadian and I thought and hoped part Native American; but DNA said "No"--but they are still my close kin. On the other hand, DNA confirmed my Pyrenees Mountains blood (rather distingished too). I know there is a White Rose Society for descendants of Scot Jacobites. I was on a train to Fort William and talked with an old local lady who spoke of her "Scotch" heritage. Went down farther, and sat with another local lady. I use the term Scot; she said thank-goodness you are not one of those AMERICANS who call us Scotch;Scotch is a drink, not a peoples. I did not tell her what term the earlier Scot lady used in talking about her "Scotch" heritage.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service