Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

I recently purchased FTM 2010 when it was on sale at a great price.  I currently use FTM 2008 and run Windows Vista.  I insert the CD to install the program, my screen tells me the install wizard is loading, then that window goes away and also nothing shows in the toolbar.  Nothing happens.  So I click on "computer" so I can see all my drives, I click on the drive with the CD, and the whole process begins again with the same result.  Everytime I do this is when there is no one at the 800 number to help.  Do anyone have any advice?  Thanks.

Views: 89

Replies to This Discussion

I have a problem with FTM 2011. It goes through the whole install but will not open the program at the end. I am running Windows XP. I have tried every fix that FTM gave on their website and none of them worked.
Michael,

What happens at the end of the Install? Please provide more details of what you see, what you did, and IF you saw any error messages. Need more details.

Thank you,

Russ
It goes through the whole install and brings up the screen that says do you want to open ftm at this time and you click on finish. Then it brings up the error message saying that it can't open the program. I have tried all the fixes on theior website- new profile, clear config files, etc. I am on as administrator. I even tried loading in safe mode but it errored right away. The program loaded on my desktop but will not work on the laptop.
Michael,

What is the exact Error Message that you are seeing?

When you say "I am on as administrator", are you physically selecting Run As Administrator?

Russ

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service