Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

How about this to help out the programmers. There are many more options using the Ning platform, and the WVR programmers will never know which we prefer unless we ask.

Views: 825

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kirsty

You can do this by using the text box. I've labelled my textbox "My websites" and then added the links in the actual text box. You can move the text box around on your profile page too. There is also an app you can add that you will give you extra text boxes.

Debbiee

Kirsty F Wilkinson said:
I'd like to be able to add a link to more than one of my websites on My Page. Is there a way to do this that I am missing?
What is missing is the content of the post being given on the e-mail notice. It takes way too long to check each individual posting. Consequently I find myself thinking of either deleting them without reading or removing myself from GW. I want to immediately know if it is a post I want to reply to and if not, I want to delete it from the in-box. As more people find this website, we each will be totally swamped with e-mails that we may or may not want to pursue. GW is going to have to do something quick!
This is a PRIORITY if I were to let the GW/WVR programmers know what's really missing here.

Bobby Dobbins Title said:
What is missing is the content of the post being given on the e-mail notice. It takes way too long to check each individual posting. Consequently I find myself thing of either deleting them without reading them, or removing myself from GW. I want to immediately know if it is a post I'm going to want to reply to and if not, delete it from the in-box. As more people find this website, we each will be totally swamped with e-mails that we may or may not want to pursue. GW is going to have to do something quick!
Please could we have an option to change the time to suit the country in which we live. There seems to be an assumption that all users of Genealogy Wise live in America. It is very confusing seeing all the discussions and postings in American time.
Amen. This needs to get done post-haste.

Tracy Glatz said:
I'd like to see the groups organized into categories by surname, locale, society, websites, etc. I can already see that having to scroll through the groups to find something applicable to me is going to quickly become very overwhelming.
Oh my, yes. It's so easy to create duplicate groups right now.
It would be great if we had a page dedicated to those related to royal, celebrity figures.
You can create a ROYALTY GROUP of there isn't one here already. It would be to coordinate all postings on the topic, provide links to pertinent websites, etc.

CHASTITY said:
It would be great if we had a page dedicated to those related to royal, celebrity figures.
Just a tiny thing, it would be nice to see some diversity in the picture panel on the home page.

What a great new service! We're totally addicted already. What did we do without GWise?

Best,
Toni Carrier
Lowcountry Africana
www.lowcountryafricana.net
I do like the message board at Findagrave.com and the way post and replies are handled with the GenForum layout. I have no code or programming experience so I have no idea what all those entail but, if a site is user friendly, most people will stay with it.

GW has every bit of potential to become the number 1 social networking site because there are so many people interested in the subject matter nowadays.

I ca not believe the number of groups and it's growing by leaps and bounds...AMAZING!!
You are absolutely right ! Thank-you for taking the time to state this in such a kind way. We simply must ask the GW/WVR coders here in Utah to THINK GLOBALLY when selecting pics for the title bar. So far just one ethnic group is reflected in the mix of photos chosen. Ol' Myrt here gets that they attempted to match up the old timey ancestor pics with the younger family as they study their roots. I could swear the young buy looks like a true descendant of the old timey male youth.

Lowcountry Africana said:
Just a tiny thing, it would be nice to see some diversity in the picture panel on the home page.

What a great new service! We're totally addicted already. What did we do without GWise?

Best,
Toni Carrier
Lowcountry Africana
www.lowcountryafricana.net
I would like to see a list of groups in alphabetical order, alternatively in subgroups for software / geographical regions or countries / other

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service