Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

By pasting for help in here, will save the communication box from clogging up and those that can help will then look in here and contact the inquirer.and while we are at why don't we make a look up folder for each state.

Wayne

Views: 2347

Replies to This Discussion

I am interested in a George Cordes born abt 1886 in South Australia. Also a Frederick Woodford of Southampton born about 1800 +
Many thanks Margaret
Hi Margaret
I have found a few Cordes with in Sth Aust but No George and also looked for Frederick Woodford with no result. May be there are others on here that can find him for you .

I have attached a word doc for you to look at and hope that it will help you find others.
Hello All list, Just a bump up on someone who has is a Member of Ancestry.com, to look up John Leslie Lundbeck Lang ,Anna Wilner ,Anna Wilnerschroder,John Lang ,all suppose to be on a Family Tree there ,many thanks Bertjl(Albertus).
Heather here it is
Wayne
Hi Wayne I have found the Pankhurst Purdy . Thank you very much for that. It leaves so many unanswered questions..The first one list of unclaimed letters Pankhurst J H now that one definitely has to be my GG Grandfather his name was Joseph Harward Pankhurst. Did he go missing or shoot through? Is there any way of finding out more. And Walter that deserted his wife and children was my G Grandfather at least thanks to that article I now have some idea what he must have looked like It says he was laborer England. Did Joseph and Mary go back to England and have some kids there . Seeing his parents were married in SA and Joseph died in Victoria and Mary in SA and the only child I have been able gto find a birth for was Dorcas in SA in 1858 She died in Vic in 1860 and also found a death of 11 months Ada in SA in 1857. always assumed that the kids were born in Australia. What I can make out Joseph was only a working man he was a teamster at one stage in SA and when he was in Vic he worked as a miner. . The one about Mary was it her that was sent to the assulym. I know my G Grandmother ended up in there after Walter left but had no idea about Mary. I have been waiting for the QLD state library to get the Police Gazette in , it has been ordered and should be there soon. Will they have any more about the articles there. Once again thanks a lot.
Heather
Heather I am pleased to know that it has given you a little more insight to what you are looking for.
I am also waiting on some more info from another source, If that brings more to the surface then I will pass that on to you as well. fingers xx

Wayne
Hello All, well back again ,still looking for my G/Father John Leslie Lundbeck Lang Born 1873 Liverpool ?,Many helpers have been looking for my G/F but to no avail ,there seems to be no details on him any any of the Census or Birth sites ,just hope some one might click and find him ,Kind Regards Albertus.
There was a post by Joan Pipich looking for information on Stratigos, I cant find her post so I will reply here and hope she either see's it or someone repost it for me in the right place, I found the following on the
Australian Electoral Rolls, 1903-1954,

New South Wales > 1936 > Eden Monaro > Cobargo

Stratigos emanoel, Cobargo, restaurant keeper M
Stratigos Mary, Cobargo, Home duties F

There are other Stratigos in both New South Wales and Queensland. I would be happy to help further if needed
cheers Ellie
Hi all I am just getting back into my family tree after a bit of a break.My brick wall happened quite awhile ago and is where I left off .

William Henry Slow of Port Kembla NSW is my great grandfather and all I know is he was born in maybe 1873 died in 1944 married Honor Benjamin had 10 children and his parents may have been William and Mary Alice?
I have a feeling he may have abandoned his family but am not sure and I cannot find where he was born or died or anything else about his parents.
If I can move on and back further from here it would be great.I would love to connect with other people with Slow in their trees.
Hope you can help.
Hi Janelle - Have you been here if not just type in " slow" and and the years as stated and you will find a few of the children in there including his marriage :

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory/search.htm
There are some more recent "slow's" listed here :http://ryersonindex.net/search.php

And LDS has him and Honor listed here:

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp

just type william slow - all - australia and it will come up

other than that there were plenty over on the west coast of sth aust.

Wayne
Hi there yes have done the LDS ages ago but not much info I dont already have.Have also done the BDM also and have found heaps of info on Honors side there.
I looked at the index one has a few Slows who were at Mt Kembla I iwll keep at it tho as he now has me very curious on who he was etc.
Thanks for your help tho.
Hi Janelle
I have looked a bit more and found a directory( New South Wales PO Directory 1875 (Greville). 1875. ) of Mt Kembla but no " slows" the best I could do was a pdf file.

and a word doc for you to look at

Wayne

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service