Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

By pasting for help in here, will save the communication box from clogging up and those that can help will then look in here and contact the inquirer.and while we are at why don't we make a look up folder for each state.

Wayne

Views: 2347

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Roberta
I found some interesting listings here:
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=sea...
just type in Daniel Haymond , spouse only Griffen, leave the rest and you will be quite surprised at what will appear and a most interesting piece which is on Monongalia County??
I found a Daniel Haymon (1803-1877) buried at Lone Oak Cemetery Pt Pleasant West Virginia
I found 1 in here: http://proarchives.imagineering.com.au/
Just click the indexes you require
2 are here : http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/Index/IndexingOrder.cgi/search?ev...
1 here: http://srwww.records.nsw.gov.au/indexes/keyname_search.asp
Also have found some info via WVR but they seem to be having problems with images so I will wait and see how it pans out later
And the name Griffen comes up Griffin them and the Haymond’s were pretty well known in West Virginia?
Wayne
Roberta here are some extracts from the Haymond family and also the Elder family from another posting
1930 census
Elder, Bernadine RITCHIE 1919 11 ELLENBORO TOWN
State of Residence: West Virginia
County of Residence: RITCHIE
Description: ELLENBORO TOWN
Browse Description:: ELLENBORO TOWN
Census Roll: 2554
Enum. District: 43-1
Family No.: 39

HOUSEHOLD
Robert 43 1887 2b
Mary 42 1888 2b
Virginia 19 1911 2b
Freda 15 1915 2b
Bernadine 11 1919 2b

Wayne
Hello Wayne: Thank you for looking these things up for me. I have the Elder information since my mother was Freida (listed as Freda) and I was more or less raised by my grandmother Mary and her daughters. There was a son also who died in a truck accident in 1924 at 12 so he would not have been listed. What I am looking for is my grandfather's, Robert's, information before he married my grandmother. I know the names of his parents, their birth & death dates and the names of all his siblings. I want to be able to get in touch with my grandfather's neices and nephews, especially those in PA since my older son lives there. My grandfather was born and raised there but married and lived in WV after that.

The Haymond information you supplied was not my Daniel Haymond. (There are a bunch of "Daniel Haymonds" so it's a little tricky.) The one you found may have been a cousin. But I do appreciate the response. He was married four times and the wife that I am descended thru was Elizabeth Griffin. I do appreciate your looking all that up. Roberta
hello Roberta
I have been looking even more and will ask: Is Isaac and Mary (Morris) Griffin a part of your family?

If so I can source the Morris family 6th generation if needed?

Wayne
Hello, Wayne: Since I am descended thru Ellizabeth Griffin who was married to Daniel Haymond, the Mary Morris children and their descendants would be cousins to me; Mary Morris would not be related. I'm not sure how to answer your question; yes, the children and descendants would be my cousins. I struggle with questions like this. I guess I have to put it back on you. Sorry. Roberta
Hello All,looking for My G/Father John Leslie Lang Born 1872,Source Information, Dwelling/Gilfach Coch,Census Place/Liantrisant,Glamorgan,Wales,Public Records Offire Ref R G 11,Piece/Follio 5298/134,Page No 24, these were sent to me by some one but have lost connection some where,all of this is on Ancestry.com ,would be very nice if someone has excess to the details plus any other Lang like John Lang B1838 ,thanking you ,Albertus.
Albertus go into this site :http://www.familysearch.org/eng/search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=sea...
and type John Lang in then just look for the country (wales) and a few will appear for you to look at

Wayne
Hello Wayne, finally got to the site ,Many thanks for the Doc on John Lang and Selina ,I will have to check it out and see what works out ,I think the only way to find out is to try and find John Leslie Lundbeck Lang who was suppose to been born in Liverpool England in 1872 with John Lang as Father ,once again many thanks for your help and time .Albertus.
Albertus
attached is a word doc
Wayne
Looking for MACKAY family. Hugh Mackay and Mary (Brennan) married in Athlone Westmeath Ireland around 1838 and emigrated to NSW between 1838 and 1842. They then moved north. Hugh's obituary in 1892 notes they were pioneers of the Darling Downs period. Their son Bernard, my g grandfather, was born at Leyburn near Toowoomba while it was still part of NSW. Hugh's obit notes they farmed at Esk, the Five Mile Waters with Hugh and family finally settling outside Harrisville on a property they called Thornhill. I'm looking for any information about their arrival in NSW - they appear to have swum over. I am also interested in where they might have been in NSW before going to Qld.

Thanks all for any assistance.
Anne
Anne, would like you to contact me please if you would as have just completed a family tree on my father's side from S.A. and a few missing!!!! Also now living at Esk!!
John Whiteford.....jnj@bluemaxx.com.au
Can we have a possible time frame please Gail?
Carmel

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service