Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Hello Everyone. I hope someone can assist me with an occurring problem with Family Tree 2011. This is a new problem, and I have stayed patient until recently - enough is enough.

1. A profile will show a green leaf. When I click it on the leaf, I find "private trees." The search continues to spin and spin and spin and never stops. I can't select to ignore option to keep them from showing up over and over. You can't "ignore" a private tree, plus it the search just keeps scrolling in a circile. Is anyone having this problem?

2. When I look at a document or a tree, in a few seconds a quarter of the top page appears blank. I have to close the page and start over, which is very annoying. Is anyone having this problem?

3. When I try to add a photo to a profile, FTM closes down. I've signed in as administrator and sometimes it will allow me to add a photo and other times not.

These are the three main problems. There are more but these are the most annoying and time consuming, to the point I lose important information or I forget what I was doing to start.

I have checked for updates/patches and I'm told I'm up to date.

I have approximately 9500 profiles, 2500 marriages, and 58,000 KB (photos/documents)

If I purchased the FTM 2012, would it solve all of the above problems? All was well until recently. I'm not having any problems with other programs, or are they slow as family tree. Thanks

Views: 483

Replies to This Discussion

Betty Jo,

Are you working in FTM2012? when you say "leaf on the page", A page to me is a Web Page. In FTM2012, isn't that a screen?

Where are you seeing Page could not be found? Are the "city directories" the Beta Version? (the pages are marked).

Is the Private tree yours? Perhaps it is the permission setting that is keeping you from seeing the Photo.

Russ

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service