Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Hi, Hope someone can help.

Since renewing/upgrading my subscription last week I have not been able to link through FTM2010 to the Ancestry Server.

The error message is: Authentication with the server failed.

I can use the address line in WebSearch and activate Ancestry.com or Ancestry.co.uk by typing in the address and then I can search the databases (in the same way as I can through Internet Explorer outside of FTM software) but the link through the software program doesnt work so I cannot import any data.

I tried Help: Register Ancestry FTM and Help: Activate Subscription but the same error message comes up.

I looked on the help/advice pages and found earlier posts relating to this error. Have tried checking time-date synchronisation and that hasnt helped. Have tried switching off Firewall and that hasnt helped.

Does anyone have any ideas what I might have done to cause this - or is the problem at Ancestry??

Thanks as ever,

Pauline McNeil

Views: 826

Replies to This Discussion

Hello again,
Well - finally - removal of the Trojan resolved all the problems. (After FTM2010 authentication got blocked so did my email client and then so did McAfee update). Had to get technical assistance from a computer software person to remove it - and he only achieved it after removing the hard drive and trying various scanning programs - the Trojan was able to block the running of MalwareBytes for example.
Anyway - all better now and I can spend more happy hours trawling for relatives!
Best wishes,
Pauline
PS the reply from Technical Support at Ancestry just referred me to the same page about time clocks so I have reported back to them in case other users get similar problems.
Pauline,

Great. Thanks for the update.

Good luck,

Russ

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service