Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

General Genealogy (141)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Paragenealogy in general

Over the past few years I've been using a published professional 'ghost whisperer' to help me find the birth family of my adopted grandfath…

Started by Robert Arens

4 Aug 21
Reply by Kate Wagner

Family Geo and Laurentia Snodrass from St Louis, Missouri.

Hi,I am looking for relatives to family Geo and Laurentia Snodrass from St Louis, Missouri.I have found them in US Census 1930 and the fami…

Started by Ingvar Nore

0 Jul 27

Digital vs paper vital records

For genealogy usefulness purposes (as opposed to legal purposes) which is better, keeping vital records as digital copies or keeping vital…

Started by Robert Arens

1 Jun 11
Reply by Sarah Anthony

Haplogroup D in the UK and Europe

Hi AllI do not know too much about Genetics and the implications to my family, but I've done a YDNA test for my paternal line.For the immed…

Started by Steve Sard

2 May 24
Reply by Steve Sard

Rev J Billington St Mary’s Hidden Gem , Manchester 1837 - 1844

I visited yesterday The Church of  St. Mary, Mulberry Street (The Hidden Gem), in Manchester to see where my ancestor Jane Billington was b…

Started by Dan Billington, Ancestry Central

1 Apr 12
Reply by Marcia Williams

county histories

Several years ago I found a biography of my G-grandfather in the Schuykill county history 1881 by Munsel.  I decided a few days ago to buy…

Started by carol bartholomew

0 Apr 5

HELP!

I have an old page with Genealogywise but haven't used it for a few years. I have tried to access it again recently, alas, I no longer use…

Started by dainty diva

2 Mar 22
Reply by dainty diva

Link to Anyone Famous??

I'd be interested to hear anyone's story or stories about being linked to someone famous. I think these stories are facinating and love to…

Started by Heidi Marie Clark

32 Mar 13
Reply by Clydene Williams Cannon

I am a new member.

Glad I found this site.  Seems Genforum  is all but shut down.  Don't get any email re: queries.  Not any new queries since 2013.  I am goi…

Started by Brenda Harrison Steele

1 Mar 8
Reply by Christine M. Worthington

Adoption Brick Wall Suggestions

I am trying to help my daughter-in-law discover the identity of her great-grandparents. Her paternal grandfather was adopted. I have never…

Started by Anne Faulkner

5 Dec 10, 2013
Reply by Deborah LeBorgne

RSS

Members

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Nat Ins for Genealogical Studies.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service