Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

How to get early copies of birth certificates that have been changed to now show white rather than Indian

I've been told that earlier copies of my mother's birth certificate stated that my grandmother was Indian and she later amended the document to state she was white.  Is there a way to get a copy of the original document rather than a later version?

Views: 173

Replies to This Discussion

Unless someone held onto an original copy, then no. After b/c's are amended the previous is vaulted up or destroyed. I was adopted. My mother held onto my original b/c and I held a zerox copy. But Charleston will NOT release a copy of the original to me.



© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service