Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

My line includes Robert Allen Cole (1806-1875), who married Judith (Julia) Griffin (1807-1901) in 1829. I am tracing them through their son, Haley Fleming Cole (1840-1921). All I have found so far are the censuses from 1850, 1860, and 1870, plus the marriage record (Virginia, USA). Since Robert and Julia were already married in 1850, I don't yet have any formal documentation of who Robert's father was, although all the other trees I find online show his father to be Edward T Cole (1790-1855) and mother Elisabeth Goode (1755 - ?).

Views: 132

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Lisa,

Where in Virginia did they live when you have information? Have you found the name in Virginia censuses from 1830 and 1840? If so, what other Cole folks were listed nearby? Do the 1850-1870 censuses show the state where he was supposedly born? Where does his marriage record say he was from?

Good luck!
Hi Joann,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I started back to work and then broke my thumb this week so I've not been available much (and responses will be short for a while)...

Let's see. Looking at what I have now. So far all I know from the marriage info is that the marriage took place in Halifax County. I need to see if I can follow up to get a copy of the actual record or more information from Halifax. I don't have any census info prior to 1850. The censuses from 1850-1870 all show he was born in VA.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service