Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

My great-grandfather Zeb Dills has been a brick wall for me ever since I began researching my family. He was born in Georgia (probably Towns County) around 1883. He was the son of John Dills and Margaret Garrett. He had three known brothers, Jasper Newton Dills, Edward Dills, and James Lucius Dills. He and my great-grandmother married in Macon County, NC in Feb. 1909. They quickly moved to Towns Co., Ga. Only 11 days after my grandfather was born (Nov 1909), Zeb left my great-grandmother and no one heard from him since. I've seen info that would suggest that he went into Tennessee and possibly Kentucky but, I have no proof of this. I'm hoping that someone will see this and be able to help me. Thanks, Tina Wyatt

Views: 322

Replies to This Discussion

That is Zeb. Image attached.
Attachments:
I've searched the Perry Co., Ky websites you link and so far have had no luck. Nor have a found a Zeb Dills in any of the cemeteries you linked too.

His mother Margaret may have died in Polk Co., Tn

Tennessee Death Index 1919 Crabtree- Dozier

Name County Death Date Vol.# PG
Dills Margarette (Mrs.) Polk 12/3 41 300

http://www.tennessee.gov/tsla/history/vital/1919-05.htm

I have sent to get a copy of this death record.

Have yet to find out where his father John died. If John Dills, son of William R Dills and Mary McGaha were his parents, then census records for 1860 indicate that John Dills was born in Cherokee Co., NC. See attached record.
Attachments:
I apologize for not including more info and attaching what I had found, so far, in my original post. I did not mean to waste GeneJ's time looking for things when I already had a lot of the info. GeneJ was kind enough to look up some of what I already had not knowing that I had it. . In the future I will be sure and include ALL the info I have.

Again I apologize :-(

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service