Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Please leave your posts here if you search in or have any information in the parishes:

Berg, Binneberg, Böja, Edåsa, Flistad, Forsby, Frösve, Götlunda, Hagelberg, Horn, Häggum, Lerdala, Ljunghem, Locketorp, Norra Kyrketorp, Ryd, Rådene, Sjogerstad, Skövde, Sventorp, Säter, Timmersdala, Vad, Varola, Våmb, Väring, Värsås, Öm.

Views: 858

Replies to This Discussion

Annelie,

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I cannot tell you how happy I was to read your post and learn about another ancestor I did not know about until now!

It looks like I was on the right trail. I had found a couple birth records of a Herman Peterson and I'm pretty sure I even found the birth record of Herman Gottfrid, but wasn't able to verify his relationship to John Peterson!

I'm amazed you were able to find the information and get back to me so soon. It is a reflection of your professionalism and expertise.

Thanks Again!!!!

Dan

Annelie,

With the information you gave me I believe I have even found Johan Peter Andersson's parents on Genline microfilm. It appears he was born Feb 17, 1837 in Sjogerstad, and his parents were Anders Lunnesang? and Madren Lisa Perhsdotter from Karegan(Raregan?).

It looks like his grandparents information is even listed in his birth record. It appears his grandfather was Johannes Carlson from Nyborg? and Ingrid Larsdotter from Lunnagarden.

I sure wish I could read these swedish records better!

Thanks again for your help!

Dan

Thanks to Annelie I now have a birth date (Oct 17, 1831) for Gustafva Johansdotter Qvist born in Flistad. I'm guessing that her fathers name is Johan Qvist? I do not have any information about her mother. Any information about this family would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

George

You have her birthdates in the book of Birth C:4 in Flistad.

Parents: Johan Qvist and Sara Lena Åbom under Vestergården, Snarva in Flistad parish.

In Husförhörslängd Flistad AI:7 1821-1839 page 135 you find the family at the soldier cottage.

Johannes Svensson Qvist and Sara Lena Åbom and their six children.

/Annelie

Thank you so much for the help? I guess I need to get a subscription to Genline.
I'm trying to confirm, but I don't know the Parish that Johan Qvist was born, so I'm assuming that it might be Flistad. I know he was born Jan 20, 1801 based on the Central Soldiers Register. Is Johan/Johannes Qvist's parents Sven Larsson and Gretha Svensdotter?

Answer of David Daniel Cook query:

Made a search in Sventorp birthbook without find him in it.

When did he emigranted and from which parish? Maybe that is a way to find information about him.

/Annelie

Thank you for your kindness. The only other information about him is Alvsborg, Skaraborg, or Sventorp are words on a card I have. His immigration year is 1863 and this is a guess from my mother. I would believe that he departed from Gothenburg. I learned today that his wife Louise emigrated in 1871 and they married in 1873 in the US.

David     Do ALL your research before you go. Research takes a lot of time. Your time there is precious. Enjoy every minute. Take lots of notes (about everything including names addresses places observations) while you are there (like a journal)   and lots of pictures too (not just tourist things, every day life too). Spend time walking around. Go shopping at the market place (torget). Talk to people.

Another tip...  I just met a woman at the big Genealogy Jamboree with a "business card" with her name and email on one side and a list of people she is looking for on the back. The card will live long past people's memories of her.

/p> Comment by David Daniel Cook yesterday

I am looking for my Great Great Grandfather Sven (Daniel) Sandberg. He was born in April 1833 in Sventorp Sweden. His wife is Louise. Looking for his parents!?

We are coming to Gothenburg Sweden in July and we are taking the train up to Skodve to see if we can find any of the family. Can anyone help?

Thank you for your kind words. We have only part of a day in Sventorp and will have to take in as much as possible. The business card is a fabulous idea!

Could Sventorp be the place or a farm instead of a parish? Why I asking is that Sventorp outside Skövde is in Skaraborgs län and Älvsborg is an other län.

Do you know if the lastname Sandberg was a name he had in Sweden or something he took when he came to US? It's quite common that emigrants did that, change their names.

I can make a query for you at the Swedish Gen Federation website - Rötter, maybe someone know about a Sventorp in Älvsborg.

/Annelie

Hello,

I looking for the parents and any siblings of Sara Lena Åbom, born on January 20, 1801 in Sköfdes församling (Skövde parish).

Thanks in adance.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service