I want to set up a family history website, or use one already set up, with the following features:
- A blog or other feature for presenting the latest information, explaining what is available.
- Means for people to make comments, offer additions
- Means to receive queries, evaluate, and approve as family member
- Protection of living persons’ information, showable only to admitted family.
- Present the narrative of the family history with links to their place in the family tree, maps, etc.
- Present the family tree, focused on individual; adjustable as to what generations, relationships it shows; other links?
- Able to click from one individual to another.
- Show an individual’s record, or family record
- Mapping feature, linking to place names in other contexts; receive and locate place names from the database
- Generate maps to show locations over time, a person’s movements, locations of a set of people at a given time
- display a timeline of events in a person's life, bringing in spouse or parents or children.
- Carry photos linked to persons and places
Too much to ask for?
Researching websites, Ancestory.me.uk looked promising in a 2010 beta release, but I don't see it on line now. I do see options that lack some of the features, especially the mapping and timelines.
I can use Word documents, Access, Excel, but don't want to learn complex coding.