Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

I was wondering, does anyone else do this? Say you are reading a true crime book, and in the book it says so and so was buried in a cemetery, and it gives the name and location of the cemetery... Do you ever find yourself wondering, "Is that on FindAGrave?" Or say you are reading a history book, and it says that someone is buried in a given cemetery... Do you enter that information on FindAGrave? Just curious.

Views: 109

Replies to This Discussion

I have to admit that I am constantly reading about someone and will look them up in FindAGrave. It is becoming a reference source for me.
some of you may not know that we have the inspiration for Charles Dickens "Miss Haversham" buried in Camperdown Cemetery, Sydney Australia.
Eliza Emily Donnithorne was jilted at the altar at the age of 26 and spent the next 40 years of her life as a recluse. Dickens is supposed to have heard the story and created his character on her.
I have not done this, but it sounds like a good idea to me. I read a lot of historical novels. I will have to try it. Nancy
I do wonder, and if it is close I might try to find it.
Ray
Sure do..I even while trawling through Missouri digital heritage death certificates ,well when I find someone that has no info on them i have to go to find a grave and leave the info I found.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service