Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

All Discussions Tagged 'genealogy' (30)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Group Management

Do you have tips on how to manage your time in groups? If so please tell us how you manage your groups. I wrote a blog at http://www.geneal

Started by Jennifer Eklund, PLCGS

1 Aug 3, 2009
Reply by Paul Drake

New Group for Genealogy Products

Genealogy Products This group is for connecting people who are selling a genealogy related product with the people who wish to buy them. T…

Started by Katrina Haney

0 Jul 29, 2009

Your Genealogy Heartbreak

Earlier this week I published a blog discussing my genealogy heartbreak. My maternal grandfather missed my nana so much after she died that…

7 Jul 23, 2009
Reply by Patrice Houck Schadt

When were you bit by the genealogy bug?

Everyone has a story of when they were bit by the genealogy bug and their entire lives were transformed to trying to get as much informatio…

24 Jul 21, 2009
Reply by Margot Cahalane Hayes

Proper Etiquette

I wrote a blog called "Proper Etiquette Makes for Happy Genealogists." http://www.genealogywise.com/profiles/blogs/proper-etiquette-makes-f

1 Jul 21, 2009
Reply by Sean K

ExpertConnect by Ancestry

I'm really starting to dig this new product by Ancestry.com, "ExpertConnect," though it's still rough around the edges. I accepted my first…

Started by Lisa B. Lee

5 Jul 20, 2009
Reply by Deb Irwin

What's in your Personal Genealogy Library?

Building a personal genealogy library is important in having quick reference materials on researching, methodology, or organization. The li…

12 Jul 18, 2009
Reply by Dodie Ford

1870 Brick Wall Page: Records Which Positively Connect Freedmen With Surnames to Former Slaveholders

Some call it the 1870 Brick Wall. Others call it the 1870 Divide. It is one of the most frustrating challenges of African American heritage…

Started by Toni Carrier

2 Jul 14, 2009
Reply by Toni Carrier

Federation of Genealogical Societies

FGS was founded in 1976 and represents the members of more than 500 genealogical societies. FGS links the genealogical community by helpin…

Started by George G. Morgan

0 Jul 13, 2009

Genealogy Volunteer Opportunities

What ways can you think of that genealogists at any and every level can help each other by volunteering? I can think of a few - Indexing, l…

Started by tami osmer glatz

4 Jul 9, 2009
Reply by tami osmer glatz

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service