St. Paul A.M.E. church was founded in 1824 among the charter memberes are Lewis & Susan Adams, Francis & Rachel Reno, 3rd & 4th great grandparents of Art Thomas. The current building seen here in 1964 has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places (1996). Other founding members were John & Rebecca Gammon and Fanny Carter. Fanny Carter donated the lot for the original building. Am emissary, Moses Freeman, was sent from Philiadelphia by Richard Allen to charter the St. Paul A.M.E. church.