Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Ok everyone, I have hit a brick wall. My father Ronald Frank ROOT b 21 Dec 1941 Santa Rosa California, his father Robert Frank ROOT Jr. b abt 1920 do not have place, d abt Aug 2008 Oregon, his father Robert Frank ROOT Sr b Sept 1885 Idaho, d 1931 his father Francis M ROOT b Dec 1846 no death, and that is were I get stuck, I need help. Anybody have anything? Please let me know. Thank you

Darryl J. ROOT
Provo, UT

Views: 109

Replies to This Discussion

Darryl:

I looked on ancestry.com and found F. M. Root in the 1860 census.  Aged 14, sister Matilda, age 12, living with their father, Lewis Root, age 52, and a Mitchell and "S" Sanders--maybe another daughter.  There are two more census records for Francis M. Root there, too.  A reliable pedigree shows Lewis as Francis's father, with Lewis's lineage as follows:  Son of Flavius Root (1780), Nicholas Root (1743-1813), Joshua Root, Joshua Root (1682-1730), John Root (1642-1687), John Root (1607-1684) and John Root again.

My own lineage traces back to the brother of the 1607 John Root, who spelled it Roote.  His brother Thomas was my 7th great grandfather.  The two brothers emigrated in 1637 from Badby, England to Farmington, CN, and are the forefathers of most of the U.S. Roots.  Our first common relative was the John Roote who fathered the John Roote of 1607 (1608 by my records).  He lived and died in Badby, England, but his father and my 9th great grandfather, Thomas Routtes (b.1555-d.1609 and pronounced Roo-tay as was Roote), was a French Hugeunot who escaped the slaughter of the protestants by the Catholics in 1572, fleeing to Badby.

Ron Root (ronaldroot@comcast.net)

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service