Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

My most wanted ancestor is Jacob Avery b. ca 1784 in PA according to the census. He is in the Bradford County PA census. In 1850 he is with who appears to be a daughter named Betsey. In 1860 he is listed with his son J.B. (ancestry indexed JB as Jabez because the enumerator spelled the first name Jabey) We know that he also had a son named Charles Avery who married Lucy West. They were my great grandparents. This line is frought with stumbling blocks. He is supposedly buried in Gillets PA. His wife must have died relatively young because when Charles died in 1909, his death cert shows Jacob to be his father but the mother was not known. Of course the cemetery records were burned so we have no information on where Jacob is buried, or if he is buried with his wife.

Views: 253

Replies to This Discussion

I went searching for Averys in the 1800, 1810 and 1830 census records. In 1800 there is only Cyrus Avery, he is in Tunkhannock, Luzerne County. In 1810 there are 11 Averys including Cyrus, he is still in Tunkhannock. In 1830, there is one Avery in Troy, Bradford, PA, Hezekiah.

Have you checked out Cyrus or Hezekiah in your research?
Hi Jim and Janet-

I found this site that includes a Hezekiah Avery born 1809 in Granville, Bradford PA, he died in 1844 in Nauvoo, Hancock, IL.

http://www.pottsfam.com/GedHTree/ghtout/gp306.html

Kate

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service