Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

I believe James, Richard and William Haines were all brothers. They owned a farm together, selling part of it on June 29, 1648. On November 25, 1647, William Haynes gave a letter of attorney to Thomas Haynes, merchant of London for collection at Danes Balle, Bedfordshire, England. They had named both London and Bedfordshire as previous residences. 1.

In "The History of Salem" by Sidney Perley, it mentions that Richard was associated with William Haines in Salem, MA and that they might have been brothers. 2.

My line follows:

1. James Haines/Hinds and Mary Knight, daughter of Bethsheba Ingersoll and John Knight

2. Benjamin Haines b. 28 August 1643, married Joanna Jennings, daughter of  John and Ann Jennings

3. Samuel Haines b. about 1679 d. 1732 unknown wife

4.Silas Haines first wife unknown, 2nd wife Ruth Tuttle married 9 April 1722, daughter of Col. Joseph Tuttle and Abigail Ogden

5.Samuel Haines b. 1742 marries 8 Oct. 1766, Phebe Ogden, daughter of Stephen Ogden and Elizabth Whitaker

6. Stephen Haines b. 31 March 1768 marries Caty Gardiner, daughter of Abraham Gardiner and Harriet Ver Plank.

7.Harry Blaisdell Haines b. 10 Sept 1799 marries Joanna/Johanna Tompkins

8. David Tompkins Haines b. 28 June 1820 marries Emma Angelica DeMaugh, daughter of John DeMaugh and forgot her first name Dyer...descendant of Mary Dyer. I have this all but not at my finger tips. Also, Anne Hutchinson is an ancestor on this Dyer line.

9.John DeMaugh Haines b. 29 December 1849 marries Katherine Lenslie Phillips, daughter of Franclis Oliver Ducette Phillips and Sara Ann James

10. Benjamin Franklin Haines marries Carrie Gibbs Bly,daughter of William Lewis Bly and Caroline Kennison

11. Lewis DeMaugh Haines marries Ruth Ann Stallworth, daughter of Cornelia Catherine Henry and

12. Lewis DeMaugh Haines, II marries Jenelle Braddy, daughter of Edward Lamar Braddy and Mary Delilah Smiley,daughter of John Enoch Smiley and Mary Martin.

13. Heidi Haines Handley b. 9 June 1960

14. Adam Haines Soper

Proof sources mentioned for origins in England. Which needs to be further researched as Cutter is not a great proof source.

1. "Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of Boston and Eastern Massachusetts", edited by William Richard Cutter, Vol. IV, Lewis Historical Publishing Co.,NY, 1908.

2. "The History of Salem 1638-1670", by Sidney Perley, vol.2, page 792.

Has anyone else work on relating the "brothers" and researching in Bedfordshire?

Heidi Haines Handley

heidihaines60@gmail.com

Views: 573

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service