Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

I'm new to GenealogyWise and I guess I'll get the hang of it sooner or later! At the moment I'm having trouble putting a photo into my profile. I've tried a number of times and even asked my significant other for help but both he and I have had no luck. I know it's a simple task but I just can't do it!!

I'd also like to talk to someone about software packages as my copy of FamilyTree Maker (2006) won't work on my current computer. I've tried the software patches, spoken to the Australian distributor and emailed the parent company but that seems to have gone into the ether. If I can't find a solution I need ot think about buying another package but I can't work out what will work with Vista - can anyone help me please. Thank you Lynda

Views: 47

Replies to This Discussion

many thanks for your help, Debbie

regards

Lynda
Hi Lynda

Legacy 7.0 runs on Vista. I converted over to Legacy from FTM years ago, it's extremely easy to use and has a lot of really nice features. It's available for download, the standard version is free so that gives you a chance to play around with it before you buy. It's the complete package, there are just some features that are locked out until you make the purchase and they send you your code. I'm not sure if there are patches out for FTM 2006 for Vista yet or if there even will be. Vista's really touchy unfortunately, we've only got one computer in the house that runs it and it does not play well with the rest of them at all.

While Legacy does not have the direct interface into Ancestry that FTM does, it has the ability to launch an Ancestry Search as well as Rootsweb, MyTrees, FamilySearch, World Vital Records, Genealogy.com and Genealogy Place. The link I posted for you shows all the features. So I hope this helps with info about what will work on Vista.

Gail Winstanley
Hello Gail

thanks for the information - I'm going to try it tonight!

egards

Lynda

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service