Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Has anyone found Dutch connections with the Eaton lineages? My following letter may help explain what I am looking for.

A letter to Soule Kindred of America this morning 9/24/2012

Very thankful to read your Newsletters due to the Social Media Grant. It may have lead to another clue to origins of George Soule. I have been researching my van Solt/van Soldt heritage back to the 1400's and often puzzled by possible connection to George Soule as part of a missing branch from the family. Still other dutch families name Sol/van Sol/ Solle/van Soll may also be connected to my family or may be the related to George and totally unconnected. My latest discovery due to the ability to now read the news letters have to do with Eaton family. I believe Eaton is a variant spelling of 2 families connected to van Sol(d)t family. First possibility is van Etten family from Antwerp (family arms Argent 3 single castle towers Azure arranged 2,1) but cannot find anything of interst yet. The second possible family is possibly related to Jacob Elbertsz. van Eeden (also rec. as Jacibus Albertus van Eede)  who married Clara Davids van Solt. "van Eeden/Eede" family name had many variants to includes Hees and Heijden/Heydon. In fact there was a 1677 document in the British Archives od a pre nuptial agreement (...uses of the settlement W: Francis West, Thomas Brooker, Richard Fuller, Henry Eeden.) Also in the British Archives is a will of Will of Thomas Eaton alias Eden dated 15 October 1689. Finally one last possible connection is a Thomas Eaton/Heaton come to England in late 1500's from Venice who is a musician. My van Solt/Soldt family came to England around the same time and was a merchant family with well known Venetian connections. It posssible this Thomas and possible brother Guido originally came from northern Europe or were born in Venice by northern European parents learning music or painting. I am not sure about this but only mention it in case it rings a bell for any Soule researcher, There was a John Haighton of Chaigley (ca. 1630-1701) with a dutch connection with family variants Heyton, Heton en Heaton. For some reason many families I have researched that lived Germany  during 1500's added the ("n" or "en") for some reason.

Views: 101

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service