Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

My Biggest brick wall is my GG/GFather John Lang suppose to have been born in Liverpool England in 1837,his Wife was suppose to have been Hannan(Anna) Wilner have got her birth details 13 Aug 1837 and Died 1897 ,i have got her Death Certificate but has no Husband on it ,Anna Wilner died 20 Jul 1897 in King's Bromley R.D .age 60 Domestic cook ,Daughter of John Wilner ,general labourer(deceased) informant John J Higgott Brother in law,(certificate No DCY 069804),would be very nice to get any details on him ,many thank's Albertus.

Views: 92

Replies to This Discussion

Have you checked the census for this family, Anna would be on them for all five from 1851, and brother -in-law could be a second marriage or that of a sister. Let me know if you do not have access to the census.
Hello Carmel,Best of the season to you and your Family for 2010, No i do not have access to any census so any help would be nice Many Thanks Albertus.
Hello Carmel,Not sure if i recieved your message on Anna Wilner from 1851 onwards ,Kind Regards Albertus.
Hello Carmel and Team,Just a bump up on my Lang family if any one has found any details on My Brick wall as no one seems to have found any details on him or if any details on his Marriage ,many thanks Albertus.
Albertus there is an 1841 census for a John Lang aged 5 and his mother Mary, b Ireland. It looks like they are living in an Hotel.
It looks like in 1851 he is a lodger aged 14 yrs with a Smith Family. and in 61 still a border and still with Margaret Smith, (his mother died and Margaret has taken him in?) Margaret has her daughter and grandchildren living with her as well and John is working at the print works.
of course could be on the wrong track here entirely.
Hello Carmel ,I am still trying to work out what's going on ,John Leslie Landlick Lang B 1873 ,Married Louisa Helena Ellen Giese in 1899 in Geraldton W.A.,His Father suppose to be John Lang Born 1838?,not sure where the date came from but to me it's a long time before Children ?so i was trying to work out about 20-30 Yrs before that his birth date ? what do you think?I said before that i had John Leslie Marriage cert and it had the names of his parents as John Lang & Anna Wilner unless they were living together?,Bloody hard eh,will keep trying though as some one said they were looking for 30 yrs woh,cheers for now Albertus.
Hello Carmel,You said that John's Mother died ?was there any details on his Mother or what year ? no you never know if you are on the right track or not until you can find something or whatever to link up to them,cheers Albertus.
Hello Carmel,Just a question on the 1841 census and John Lang Mother ,was there any details on her Death or Birth in Ireland,also do you have a copy of 1841 &1851 Census,Kind Regards Albertus.
HI Albertus
My great grandmother also had no father on her birth record. My cousin in England sent me this helpful web site on Scottish births, not sure if it also pretains to England birth Records, but it might explain the lack of a fathers name
http://www.gla.ac.uk/departments/scottishwayofbirthanddeath/birth/

have a look at the page from the University of Glasgow under Illegitimacy.
Hello Tracy Sivinski,Many Thanks for the reply and the Scottish way of birth and Death site, had a very good idea of the site ,thanks and will keep trying to find my GG/Father,
Hello Michael Boscarato, ,Many thanks for the up dates on my GG/Father John Lang ,what relation is this one to my John Lang seeing he was buried 1771,many thanks again.
Hello Michael Boscarato, Do you think that this is The John Lang if so how do i go about Getting a certificate for him ,also does it show any more Children to William & Catherine,also will check out the other sites Cheers Albertus Lang.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service