Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Need information on Pierre Robinson born between 1810 to 1835

I am very new to this group, so please guide me to the correct site to pose a question.

My grandfather, Barney L. Robinson, was born on 9/7/1885, Springfield, Hampden County, MA.  He died in 1951, Watertown, Middlesex County, MA.  His father, Jerry E. Robinson, was born in 1854, Franklin County, Malone, NY.  I have been unable to find his birth certificate in Malone, NY.  He died on 3/26/1926, in Springfield, Hampden County, MA.  I have a copy of the death certificate which states that his father's name was Pierre Robinson - no other information given.  Jerry E. Robinson was buried at St. Michael's cemetery in Springfield, MA.  Tombstone did not have the name of his parents.

I have searched under Pierre/Peter and Robinson/Robidous/Robidoux/Roberts to no avail.  There is a possibility that Robinson has always been Robinson and that the Robinson family migrated from Scotland or Ireland to Canada or to upper state New York.  I have been told that there might be some Irish on my mother's side.

I hope someone can help me find information on Pierre Robinson born between 1810 to 1835, based on the birth date of Jerry E. Robinson.

Suzanne 

Views: 63

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service