Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

I've been researching my family history for more than 30 years. My Canadian research has been limited to Ontario, primarily the Hamilton-Wentworth area. By no means am I an expert but I'm pretty familiar with what type of records are available to anyone researchig in this area.

Views: 1590

Replies to This Discussion

My great-great-grandparents James Graham and Catherine Elizabeth Winters, both born in the United States, were living in Hochelaga, Quebec by 1881 with their daughter, my great-grandmother Kathleen Graham (whose birth name may actually have been Catherine), who was born on 31 October 1879. There is a chance that she was born in Quebec, but I think she was probably born in Chicago, Illinois. Her younger brother Garfield was born in Quebec on 26 May 1882 (or possibly 1881). On 20 November 1885, Catherine Elizabeth Winters married James Mapplebeck (born in Ontario) in Hochelaga, Quebec. The marriage record says that she was James Graham's widow, but based on what I heard from family (which may or may not be accurate) it is possible that she was actually divorced. But it is possible that James Graham died in Quebec. In 1891 the family was living in Montreal Centre, Quebec. Around 1892 the family returned to the United States.

I do not know much about James Graham and am trying to find information on him. It is possible that his mother was Canadian. If it turns out that she was and I can find out anything about her family, I will need to do even more research in Canada.
Most of mine are in Nova Scotia (scattered across, from West Pubnico up to Arichat areas), but my Bertrands were from Essex Co, Ontario. plus a few other scattered ones that passed through Quebec for a time, and a few strays from Newfoundland and New Brunswick.
I am researching my father's , mother's side of the family. The Henry Stoltz family in Ontario. My grandmother and 3 of her siblings were born in Essex county on Pelee Island.

Lena Ida Marie Bredemeyer 14 Feb, 1904-05,

Emma Augusta Pauline 22 Feb 1907

William Henry Bredemeyer 12 Nov 1911

Parents are : Henry W Bredemeyer and Louise Stoltz

Other than a little article in a Lemington Ontario here Henry and Louise were mentioned as witnesses to her sister Emma's wedding in 1907, I have found little else. I cannot afford to pay for an upgrade to my Ancestry subscription for just this small twig as I am not sure there are any of the family there anymore.

If anyone has access to them I would gladly offer any look-ups in US as compensation for you time.
My father's family Kinney, Letteney, Sabean, Warne, Poole, Prime, Ziegler, Wyman & Doty are from the Digby N.S. area.

My mothers family Redden, Trenholm, Coldwell, Scoville, Benjamin are from the Kings Co area.

My grandfather's last name changed when he came to the states from Kinney to Kenney he ended up in Massachusetts.

My grandfather Redden came down through New Hampshire and ended up in Massachusetts.
Barbara Scovil married Thomas Stackhouse b. 1822, d. 28 Jan 1865, Passakeag, Kings Co. New Brunswick, Canada.

He was the son of James Stackhouse & Anna Clarke, My line is from his older brother William Stackhouse. Let me know if you would like any more info on this line. How do you connect to the Scoville family?
iam searching ARMSTRONG - PERRY MAY BE AS EARLY AS LATE AS 1700'S AND MUIR AND DYER as early as 1850's simcoe co. Ontario canada
I have informaiton on the Amsstrongs that saild from Fermanagh in Ireland to Saint John NB. on April1, 1840, and there descendants. If you think any of this info is connected just let me know what info you want.

Randy
I also noticed that some MUIR names are also listed in this book as well as the name Lillian May Dyer who married Kenneth Everett Armstrong on sept. 12 1964. I also have more info on this couple and his parents,

Randy
Armstrong
I have a book called The descendants of John and Mary (Elliott) Armstrong by Faye Armstrong Pearson. It list Muir and Dyer surnames in it. Let me know if this info is of any use to you!
I am based in BC with family in BC, but other areas I am researching are Saskatchewan/NWT (Wapella and area), Ontario (Lanark) and Nova Scotia.

Corley - of Saskatchewan/Ontario and originally Ireland
Court - of Saskatchewan/BC and California
Cooper - of British Columbia, and Lambeth (Surrey), England
Ovington - of Surrey, England
Taylor - of Ireland and England. Specifically, Captain Edward Taylor of the 5th Militia
Turple (Turpel) - of Nova Scotia
Cunningham - of Scotland
Pinkerton - of Scotland
Cockroft - of Yorkshire, England
Epton - of Lincolnshire, England
Holliston - of Scotland
Mark
Kirkland - of Ireland
Gainford - of Ireland
Midford - of India
Searching for Hannon's and extended families in Wentworth and Kent Counties. The community of Hannon in Hamilton was named after my ancestors. From what I understand one of the Hannon's sold or donated the land that became the village of Hannon and later was incorporated into Hamilton.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service