Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Hello,

I am looking for information about my Great Great Grandmother. I am trying to find her grave.
Her name is Sara Petronabla Lundberg or she could have been listed as Sarah Petronelle Lundberg.

Sara was born on 24 March 1808 in Skaraborg county. She died on 11 October 1862
Sara married Lars Peter Åblad

I am sorry, I do not have the name of her Parish.

I am interested in any information that can be found about Sara.

Thank you

Views: 214

Replies to This Discussion

Saw your post about the reuse of graves. When I was in Sweden and tried to find my great grandfathers's grave (maternal side) and could not, I was told that they were reused if the family was not taking care of the grave. I hope you are saying the same and they would not resuse if the family continued care?
I suspect that the use/reuse of graves is similar in Sweden to Norway and several other western European countries. In essence, the grave is rented for a specific period of time. At the end of that time, the family (now one or two or more generations later) can choose to rent the same grave for another period. By this time, usually no one remembers the person buried there. What some of my Norwegian cousins do when the rental period is up is remove the marker and store it in the barn on the home farm. This was considerably easier to do when the markers were iron crosses. Today's granite markers present more of a problem. If the grave rental is not continued and the marker is not removed, the cemetery authority removes the marker and disposes of it.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service