Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Mexico Orendorff, s/o Jesse Orendorff & Mary Elizabeth Cashman
born May 18, 1812, Bedford Co., VA
died Feb 5, 1854, Breckinridge Co., KY

The image above and the sketch below are from "The History of Kentucky", by W.H. Perrin, 1885.
William Henry Perrin married Edmonia B. Orendorff, the d/o Mexico & Mary Orendorff.

Views: 996

Replies to This Discussion

hey babes - sorry i've not attached the source will work on the tree some later this week. I found another one that I have to attach as well...will keep you updated :)

http://genforum.genealogy.com/orndorff/messages/40.html

1886 Reunion in Bloomington, IL

Here is a short version....sounds like it was a real....sleeper!  Ha!  I can imagine sitting in a formal room, hot, wearing wool, listening to some ladies strain to sing "Reunion Song" and Iron Crown Mazurka", some family rivalries over spelling of the name and whose line was more successful, etc.  My relatives were "S.A. Orendorff" (Samuel) and Francis Orendorff from Davenport, IA....my grandfather's older brother and niece.

howdy Cuz...I was fixin' to start on Samuel's line as I go through my "in search of" cause i've amassed some bits and pieces...and I got the same impression...I can hear peeps thinkin' boy Cousin John (Russell) sure is full of himself...damn...now it's gonna be hard to go back to work :( - your tree up today on ancestry?

My tree is there and I have no problem granting access to those who have connections with me...but I leave it "private" (still somewhat leery of too much info out there).

Orendorff and Hammerlund tree.... shoot me a message to grant access.

cool...andreaorenduff@yahoo.com :)

On your tree Andrea, you have a 2-col page (not sure which book as you don't have the sourced cited), but it states Jesse's father was Christian Orendorf, born in Germany in 1726.  Could this not be the Johann Christian Orendorf (Orendorff)?

It very well could be, however, most of the information that we have stating that Jesse's father was Johann Christian Ohrendorff came via Perrin's books and family tradition...and Perrin at some point even tried to tie him to Philip Henrich Orendorff but was shot down by Daris Orendorff and Julia Drake (who made their own mistakes don't ya know). Major Ohrendorff never filed for a pension, so his son Christian is who everyone tried to get records on back in the late 1800s early 1900s. Stephen Orendorff (The Decendents of Simon zu Ohrndorff) a decendent of Robert Houston (son of William Henry and brother to my great-grandfather Jesse William) included Jesse as the son Christian Orendorf in his book - the reason for all the trees copied over and over for the most part). I certainly HOPE that it IS true, just to know one way or the other - but the fact remains that at this time, the first REAL record of Jesse is when he married Mary (Betsy) Cashman in 1803; and I would like to get a hold of a better copy of that document just to be able to read all the signatures. At any rate - u are correct, I didn't cite it - but I'll find the reference - one sec

Andrea...I see the source now..."Kentucky Biographies"...but no dates, etc...

thank you Andrea!!

Anyone PLEASE feel free to look closely at the signature on the marriage document - it's Johan something something...it's a good clue, but I can't read it nor do I have the original copy from Botetourt - anyone live in Virginia? lmaoooooooo

Andrea, are you referring to the documents on

http://www.texashistoryhunter.net/perrin.html   ?

What is the name of your Ancestry tree?

That is my web site...I know there are probably some inconsistencies...and like Andrea, I welcome any corrections or suggestions!!

My tree on ancestry.com is "The Roots of My Family" and it is not private..

http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/5180028/person/-1491255526 == that's jesse's record - trying to read the signature on his marriage cert

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service