Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Any information on the O'Connor family ?

My Patrick O'Connor was born between 1790 - 1798 in County Cork,Province of Munster,Ireland.

He died August 24, 1872 in Higgins Corners,Venanago Twp.,Butler Co.,PA.

married Sarah Elizabeth Hoison between 1820 - 1821 in County Cork,Ireland born in Marylamd,Ireland.

She died January 11,1862 in Higgins Corners,Venanago Twp.,Butler Co.,PA.

Children of Patrick and Elizabeth O'Connor:

John O'Connor - born - 1822 in County Cork,Ireland

Daniel O'Connor - born - Feb 1826 in  Butler Co.,PA  died March 23,1904  in Butler Co.,
PA

He was married to Isabelle Kincaid or Kennard - born - 1817 in Butler Co.,PA had a son William

Thomas O'Connor - born - 1828 in Butler Co.,PA

William O'Connor - born - 1832 in Butler Co.,PA

Sarah Elizabeth O'Connor  - born - 1837 in Butler Co.,PA

died December 18,1879 in Mill Creek Twp.,Lycoming Co.,PA married to Samuel William Miller

Dennis O' Connor - born - 1838 Butler Co.,PA

Views: 1237

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with our connection through Ida Alice Miller. Her older sister was Sarah Emeretta Miller and she was my ggrandmother. And that their parents were Samuel W Miller and Sarah Elizabeth O'Connor.

Thanks you for posting the civil war pension papers. It gives me sources for so many people!

I also agree with the children of Lillian May and Martin William O'Connor.  Although Maude's middle name would have been spelled Francelia, after one of her ggrandmothers.-Cordelia Francelia Heath Parsons. And I have seen her name both with and without the "e".  So not sure about that? I will check the spelling on letters I have of hers.

But I have a different connection to Sarah Elizabeth O'Connor Millers parents.  I see you as having her come from Butler PA. and then marrying in Bradford County. But I have connected her as the daughter of William and Lucy O'Connor of Standing Stone, PA. So we have different parents for her!  I am not definite about my research-because there are so many Sarah O'Connors....But I don't have any connections to Butler PA at this point.

I

What are the dates,

Do you have William S Miller located in either the 1850 or 1860 or 1870 census records? I think I have him in 1840 and 1880. So who was his second wife that had children named William and Peter, I am guessing they are from his second wife?

Sue

Where did you find them?

I live in Montoursville,PA

Clara

At this point I do not believe Patrick O'Conner was the son of Cornelius O'Connor.

I haven't  looked too much for parents of my William O'Connor b 1805 in PA....there are several options-but that will have to wait for later research. 

Patrick O'Conner was born 1798 in County Cork,Ireland  died August 24,1872  Higgins Corners near Argentine,Butler Co.,PA His wife Sarah Elizabeth Hoisen O'Conner was born 1797 in Maryland and died Jan.11,1862 in Higgins Corners ( her mother came from Lumbee Tribe ) Also that is why Samuel W. Miller started the Redman's Org. in Mill Creek twp.,PA

Sarah Elizabeth O'Conner had a brothrer William O'Conner born 1832 to 1835 and married a Lucy ? and lived in Standing Stone. Story has it ,that where Sarah and Samuel first were introduced to each other.

WOW...where did you learn about this? That is very interesting!

In my tree I have sources that William O'Connor m a Lucy Benjamin. But this William O'Connor was born in about 1815, and he and Lucy had a daughter named Sarah Elizabeth O'Connor. They lived in Standing Stone.   The siblings I have for Sarah O'Connor are: Charles, Lauretta, George, Emeretta, Levi, Mary Jane, Frederick. 

So your Sarah E O'Connor came from Butler PA...wondering how and why she ended up in Standing Stone? 

Brothers of Sarah Elizabeth O'Conner Miller:

John O'Conner Born-- 1822 County Cork,Province of Munster Ireland Died - Bet. 1843 and 1913

Daniel O'Conner Born - Feb.1826 in Higgins Corners,Venanago Twp.,Butler Co.,PA  married Isabelle Kincaid and had a son named William O'Conner Born - abt. 1847 Daniel died March 23,1904 .

Thomas O'Conner B- 1828 Butler Co.,PA

William O'Conner Born - 1832 Butler Co.,PA Died - May 10,1864 married Mary Bigley March 25,1852

Dennis O'Conner  Born - 1838 Butler Co.,PA

on Ancestry.com or Family Search in 1880 census for Plunketts Creek, Lycoming County. I have:

Dwelling 1-Samuel E Miller-this would be Samuel W Millers oldest son Edward Samuel married to Susan Kilgus.

Dwelling 2- Samuel Miller-I think this is our Samuel William Miller-would have been after his first wife Sarah Elizabeth died, but before he remarried Mary Jane

Dwelling 4 William S Miller. I am pretty sure this is William Samuel Miller married to his second wife Esther. (Although this is different second marriage for William than what you have.)

I can send other census records I think match...but I am having a hard time finding all of them in the 1870 census. I am supposing there is a bad transcription so I can't find them. So I have been looking through all the towns I think they may have lived In!

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service