Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

I mentioned back in August ! That I would be providing details of more rare newspapers on the web ...

Incase it is of interest I launched a micro website to host my collection of British and Irish 18th and 19th Century Newspapers and Periodicals. Called Last Chance To Read - all the content is scarce , much will be very rare, and some probably unique.

Once you have registered it is free to search. But on the matter of scale ... intially I have only put 400 newspapers online which should rise to 1,200 by the end of the week and then working up to 10,000 to 12,000 copies

While content is worldwide it will include 1715 Jacobite Rebellion, Dick Turpin, Coronation of George II and III, 1745 Jacobite Rebellion, Battle in the Wilderness, bits on American Revolution, early ballooning, French Revolution, Bonaparte, the Bounty, Capt Cook and  laterTransportees to Australia, Trafalgar, etc etc . This lot will be included in the Historic Timeline section !

It brings together several passions of mine - newspapers, family and social history, and making the past more accessable, while being sustainable and scaleable

Scope includes some free content and the bulk pay to download pages or whole newspapers / documents

Hope you find it interesting - you can view it from the following link. I'd welcome feedback (good and bad) and do feel free to pass the link 

http://www.lastchancetoread.com/

Best Regards

Richard Heaton

Views: 53

Reply to This

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service