Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Obtaining Hong Kong death certificates for anyone who died in the 19th. century is difficult, if not impossible.  However, all is not lost if the individual was a British soldier - or was the wife or child of a British soldier.  The answer lies in the Army Chaplain's Registers held by the General Register Office in the UK.  Back in the 1980s I spent weeks extracting Hong Kong related entries from the GRO indexes.  The story of this task, plus a list of Hong Kong British Army Deaths 1860 - 1867 appears on my Hong Kong Family History Blog:

Army Chaplains Returns of Death - Hong Kong

Views: 105


You need to be a member of Genealogy Wise to add comments!

Join Genealogy Wise




© 2021   Created by Nat Ins for Genealogical Studies.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service