Welcome to GenealogyWise, your Genealogy Social space that combines community interaction with tools and resources for people who are interested in researching and sharing their family history with others. At GenealogyWise.com, we want you to have great experiences sharing genealogy research, asking questions, offering advice, and enjoy connecting with other genealogists. We "get" you here.
Community guidelines have been created based on feedback from GenealogyWise members. Please follow these guidelines to ensure that you and others will have a positive community experience. We reserve the right to modify these guidelines from time to time.
At GenealogyWise we do not pre-screen members or content before it is posted. If you find a violation to any of these policies, please click on the “Report an Issue” link at the bottom of every page. Failure to abide by these standards may result in termination of your account.
- Do not post any content that is illegal, infringing, hateful, racist, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, vulgar or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party.
- The definition of pornographic for the purpose of these guidelines is sexually explicit pictures or writing.
- Do not submit comments that abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate, or intimidate.
- Do not post content on the site about yourself or others that you do not want made public. If you are posting content about others, please make sure you have their permission to do so. If you are an international user, you agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- Do not create “Spamlike” content such as unwanted email, advertisements, or comments linking to affiliate programs, multi-level marketing schemes, or other means of advertising or methods of Spam.
- Do not submit content that is not applicable to the thread where you are posting.
- Content that is copyright material (such as articles, news reports) should not be posted unless you have permission from the copyright owners. Copyright varies depending on the country.
- Look-ups from a public reference book or an out-of-copyright piece of content (public domain content) are acceptable. Asking someone to perform a look up for you from a paid subscription website (non-publically accessible content) is not acceptable and should not be posted.
Selling of Content
- Do not advertise or sell any product or service not related to genealogy, history or archival products.
- The selling of genealogy-related products and services is restricted to individual member’s pages and their service’s group page. As examples, a genealogy software company could create a group related to its product and a professional genealogy researcher can create a group related to his or her search services. However, the descriptions of these groups need to clearly identify that this group promotes a particular product or service.