Sue, I agree that it is sad that people do not post. There are several reasons I think-
1) Don't know how to ask a question.
2) Ask a question in such a way it is hard to answer.
3) Simply want to learn but don't want to contribute for any number of reasons.
4) Here to "steal".
5) Feel they already know it all and just aren't "sharers".
6) Don't know how to navigate this site.
7) Depressed because they start a site with the idea of sharing but nobody joins or if they do, don't contribute, so why bother to maintain the site.
I don't doubt there are other reasons, like being busy. I'm retired so have a little extra time, but even then, sometimes I just want to hang it all up. I have one site where I have asked the members about 3 times to let us know how they are descended from the ancestor and no one has responded yet! Needless to say I have slowed down on what I am posting for that group. Jim.