# Name: William Marcus 'Will' DIKES
# Sex: M
# Birth: SEP 1859 in Waxahatchie, Ellis, TX 1
# Death: 1910 in Lawton, Comanche, OK 2 3 of shot and killed by adopted son over inheritance
# Census: 1870 Burnham, Ellis, TX, as William Jr., with parents, William and Ann
# Census: 1880 Haskell Co., TX, with wd mother, Aby, and siblings
# Census: 1900 Gunsight, Stephens, TX; reported fa b TX, mo b IN
# Census: 1910 Duncan, Stephens, OK; reported fa b TX, mo b IN
# Census: 1920 Alice is widowed; children are reported with fa b TX
# Census: 1930 Alice reported her children's father was b MO
# Burial: Lawton, Comanche, OK
HintsAncestry Hints for William Marcus 'Will' DIKES
3 possible matches found on Ancestry.com Ancestry.com
Father: William DIKES b: ABT 1836 in TX
Mother: Abigail Clementine 'Aby' 'Ann' JOHNSON b: ABT 1844 in IN
Marriage 1 Spouse Unknown
1. Has No Children William Marcus DIKES b: 23 NOV 1879 in TX
Marriage 2 Alice Luella BAGGETT b: 16 MAY 1865 in Concord, Jefferson, AL
* Married: 26 JAN 1882 in Gunsight, Stephens, TX 4
* Marriage License: 26 JAN 1882 in Eastland Co., TX
1. Has Children Thomas Edward DIKES b: 18 JUN 1883 in TX
2. Has No Children Luman Elmore DIKES b: 5 JAN 1885 in TX
3. Has No Children Ada Jewel DIKES b: 5 AUG 1888 in TX
4. Has Children Oscar E. DIKES b: 5 AUG 1888 in Breckenridge, Stephens, TX
5. Has Children Eula L. DIKES b: 18 OCT 1894 in TX
6. Has Children Fred E. DIKES b: 18 JUN 1896 in Breckenridge, Stephens, TX
7. Has Children Barney Cornelius DIKES b: 16 DEC 1899 in Gunsight, Stephens, TX
8. Has No Children Child DIKES b: ABT 1903
9. Has No Children Lowell R. or W. DIKES b: 1906 in OK
1. Title: 1900 census
2. Title: 1910 census
GenealogyWise is the social network for genealogists. This is the place to network with other researchers and make discoveries about your family history.
As you begin to explore and get to know GenealogyWise we would like to provide you with some suggestions on how to use GenealogyWise.
You can join or create surname, locality or topic Groups. You can find Groups under the Group link on the green toolbar on GenealogyWise
Join us in the Chat Room, for a quick question about research, a chat with fellow genealogists or attend one of our educational presentations. You can find the Chat Schedule under the Chat link on the green toolbar. To join us in the Chat Room click on the grey toolbar labeled GenealogyWise Chat at the bottom of GenealogyWise.
Post a Blog article or a Forum question from the GenealogyWise homepage. This is a great way to share your knowledge on a genealogy topic or ask a question.
Find other members on GenealogyWise by clicking on the Members link in the green toolbar. You can also conduct a basic search or advanced search to find Members with a common surname, research interest or living in a particular locality.
Questions about using GenealogyWise? Feel free to ask questions in the group Member 2 Member Help at www.genealogywise.com/group/genealogywisememberhelp . You can also report problems or ask questions by clicking on the Report an Issue link at the bottom of GenealogyWise.
Once again Welcome to GenealogyWise, I hope you make some great discoveries.
Gena Philibert Ortega, Community Manager
I just heard a few days ago from a descendant of William M. and Alice. He is looking for his Dikes roots and in just these couple of days I found William and Abigail and brought some of their children forward, which is how I found you.