"I'm Andre Hammann from Brazil, my Y-DNA Haplogroup is R1a1a, my ancestors were originally from a village near Breslau (Wroclow) called Waltersdorf, Silesia, Prussia. They were german speaking immigrants, named Wilhelm Hamann and his wife…"
Welcome to Y-chromosomal Haplogroup R1a1a. This widespread haplogroup covers central/eastern Europe, central Asia and south Asia (India). Smaller populations can aslo be found in Scandanavia, the UK and southern Europe.See More
What countries and other locations are you interested in researching?
Germany, Austria, Poland, Slovenia
What is your level of genealogy knowledge?
Advanced Family History Researcher
If you are a genealogy expert, what are your specialties?
- Research on Church (Catholic and Lutheran) and Civil Records to build the family tree, based on entrust sources;
- Research on Church Records in Slovenia and Civil Records in Germany;
- Research on Brazilian Historic Archives, to find immigrants entrance, ship lists, colony destination;
- German family names knowledge based on book references;
- YDNA test at Family Tree DNA: Haplogroup: R1a1a, shorthand: R-M198.
- Member of Genealogy Forums (contacts in Brazil, Germany and USA).
For what reason did you start genealogy research?
To learn more about my ancestors, all of them, I research all sides;
Understand the emigration reasons;
Find connections to the Old Continent (Europe);
I like history, and Genealogy is Family's History.
You need to be a member of Genealogy Wise to add comments!