To make the GenealogyWise Chat Room a place every member feels welcome and free to participate, we have set up some guidelines to make the process easier.
The Chat Room is a great way to network with other genealogists, ask questions and attend educational presentations. If you have any questions about the Chats, please contact Gena Philibert-Ortega at firstname.lastname@example.org
- GenealogyWise members are encouraged to use the Chat Room for genealogically related conversations. This is the place to ask genealogical questions, provide solutions, tips, etc.
- Please refrain from posting negative remarks about other people in the Chat Room. This includes negative remarks about individual members and groups.
- A calendar of scheduled chats can be found on the website at http://www.genealogywise.com/page/chat-schedule
- During scheduled Chats, please refrain from conducting personal chats.
- Although you can enter the Chat at anytime, it would be great if you could enter 5 minutes prior to the scheduled chat so that the host can get an idea of how many members will be participating.
- During scheduled Chats, upon entering the Chat Room, please introduce yourself so that the Host knows how many people are participating. You can do this by just typing ‘Hi’ or introducing yourself.
- While the Host is presenting, please refrain from typing in any comments or questions, unless the hosts asks for that feedback. The Host will provide time at the end of the presentation for participant questions or comments. Each Host will present their topic differently, but in general there will be 15-30 minutes of presentation, followed by a question and answer period.
- Always treat others courteously, even if you disagree. We can disagree without being disagreeable.
- Lurking is allowed. You are not required to participate in the discussions.