Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

My great grandfather and my brickwall is John Hanna Wakefield, Sr. According to the 1860 census, he was born in TN in Jan. 1827. 1880 census has his birth place as MS and father's birthplace as Ireland, mother as SC. In the 1900 census, he is living with his son, William, and his birthplace is listed as MS with both parents being born in KY. He died after 1910 in TX (probably in Liberty, Harris or San Jacinto Counties). He married Louisa Francis Matthews in MS (probably Panola Co.) between 1851-1854). Living near the Matthews/Mayfield family was a David Wakefield, age 63 b. TN, and Sarah Wakefield, age 20 b. TN. In 1860, the family was living in Sumpter, Bradley Co., AR as were her mother and step-father.. By 1862, they were in TX. Louisa died with the birth of their 8th child, a girl who was given her mother's name. John remarried in 1879 in San Jacinto Co., TX.

Hoping someone can help me identify the parents of John H. Wakefield and perhaps some of his siblings.

Views: 122

Replies to This Discussion

My cousin, Nancy Irene Wakefield Johnson of Lindale, TX, passed away this morning following a long battle with cancer. She is survived by her husband, two sons, 3 sisters, and her mother. Nancy was born in Harris Co., TX in Sep 1946. She was the great granddaughter of John H. Wakefield; the granddaughter of his son William, and daughter of Emmett G. "Duncie" Wakefield.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service