Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

I am posting 2 Morning Reports (MR) from G Co. 3/501st PIR; 101 Airborne, that list Mr. Anglin and my Grand Father, Kenneth Taylor along with other several men. You will not that on the 31 Dec 1944 and 23 Mar 1945 MRs Chester Garretson, Floyd Patterson, Lloyd Woods, Trevor Anglin, Kinnard Cleary, and Kenneth Taylor are the gentlemen who are on both reports. The 31 Dec 1944 report lists that they are all wounded on 19 Dec 1944 at Bastogne, Belguim. This was the first day that the 501st saw action at Bastogne. In the second MR dated 23 March 1945 these men are all detached from G Company due to being in unnamed hosp. Lucien Tetrault is listed on both, but on the 23 Mar 1944 MR he listed as being in USAHP. I began to search these men on both MR, 4 of the 6 men listed were never in a hosp. they were POWs. Chester Garretson and Floyd Patterson died as POWs, shortly after their 19 Dec wounds under German control. Lloyd Woods and Kinnard Cleary were liberated from different POW camps in Mar and Apr of 1945. Mr. Anglin and my grand father are the only two in both groups that are not "recorded" as being POWs. My grand father's oral history states that he was "wounded and captured" and that he was a "POW" toward the end of the war. According to the G Company records, my grand father never returned to the company. He is in fact of the Army radar until he resurfaces on 28 Apr 1945 getting a tetunas shot (no shot for 19 Dec 1944 injury). He is then discharge from the Army in Dec 1945, his discharge papers state that he was never wounded. My questions are: Does anyone know the circumstance of injury for Mr. Anglin's Purple Heart? Does anyone know if Mr. Anglin ever stated that he was a POW? My grand father was awarded a Purple Heart for his 19 Dec 1944 injury in Apr 1945, but he never received it in his lifetime.

Views: 116

Attachments:

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service