Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

I have been searching every genealogical avenue I can find to help break through my brick wall. My main focus is the lineage of my GG Grandfather Benjamin P (BP) Smith. born in Georgia 1818, lived in Clay co. GA. Married to Sarah (Sallie) Green. Based on Benjamins census his Father was from Georgia;however, later on one of BP's sons had BP as being from Kentucky and then in another census had him being from Georgia.

I have had my Uncles Ydna tested on FTDNA and he is in group R-M269-32 as a line of Nicholas Smith (Virginia clan) that migrated to Franklin co. GA. Wondering if there is a skipped line some where and if anyone else may be from this line and experiencing a similar issue. 

In addition, my G Grandmother was a Shaw and married BP's son, she came from a Smith line as well but from Hans Heinrich Schmidt, so when trying to research my uncles Smiths it gets confusing sorting them out. 

FYI - My Uncle is the last Male of Benjamin's Smith line.

Any information to help me find Benjamin's Father would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE.....I have found the father of my Benjamin P Smith. His name is Benjamin as well and married Martha Moody in Oglethorpe Ga. I am now looking for this Benjamin Smiths' line. Any Smith's here from this line of Smith from the Oglethorpe, Oconee counties Georgia?

Views: 59

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service